• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Anyone here from the Grand Canyon area?

Started by John, May 07, 2007, 02:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

My girlfriend and I are going out to Arizona later this month and one of our stops will be the Grand Canyon. 

Can any locals make any recommendations as to what 'must see' things we should check out  'off the beaten trail'?

Thanks,

John

schen

I am not a local and only visited Grand Canyon once.  But I am an *off the beaten path* kind of guy.  We stayed at Kanab, UT for one night and drove south to the north rim of the GC.  One word sums up the best of north rim – serenity.  There is no hustle and bustle of the human and automobile traffic there.  Sitting outside the lodge to take in the views is one of the most relaxing things to do.  The other added benefit of the north rim is the gradual change of elevation of the road from below 5000 ft to almost 9000 ft.  Because of the elevation, the road cuts through the lushest forest on the sides of the GC.

For real local experts, I always find tripadvisor forum helpful:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g143028-i157-o20-Grand_Canyon_National_Park_Arizona.html
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

John

Quote from: schen on May 07, 2007, 05:23:47 PM
I am not a local and only visited Grand Canyon once.  But I am an *off the beaten path* kind of guy.  We stayed at Kanab, UT for one night and drove south to the north rim of the GC.  One word sums up the best of north rim – serenity.  There is no hustle and bustle of the human and automobile traffic there.  Sitting outside the lodge to take in the views is one of the most relaxing things to do.  The other added benefit of the north rim is the gradual change of elevation of the road from below 5000 ft to almost 9000 ft.  Because of the elevation, the road cuts through the lushest forest on the sides of the GC.

For real local experts, I always find tripadvisor forum helpful:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g143028-i157-o20-Grand_Canyon_National_Park_Arizona.html

thanks for the link!  I can't wait to get there.  I'll post some pictures when I get back.