• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Idle Hands

Started by Ausimax, April 28, 2007, 07:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Hi,

Seeing that I was unemployed, Margaret asked if I would repair a photo of one of her friends High School formal, about 50 years old and suffering minor damage.

So I had a little play with it and this is the result. It has been cropped to print 6x4.

Max.

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

kiska

The couple seemed a little greenish. Great job.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Hi Max & kiska

K - I think the greenish background is throwing you, because their faces and arms look natural to me.  Her legs are a bit dark -- possibly could use a bit more red and lightening.  At first glance, I'd think she might be wearing dark stockings, but not with white shoes.  They're probably flesh colored.

This project brings up something that concerns me.  No restorations to work on, everyone eager to get back to it.  Are we going to see OPR volunteers standing on street corners with signs saying "Will restore for food." ?????

Let's get some related topics going until we have more mucky images to work on so we don't all lose touch.  (My husband just walked into my office and said "your OPR addiction is showing!"  I haven't even taken care of the cats yet - it IS Saturday after all, I have to slack sometimes - but I had to check in with my restoration buddies.  Hey, it's what I do!)

Hugs, guys,

Glenna

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

Becky has some in her gallery.

Glenna, just thought the people had a high yellow percentage.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

pcraft

Hi Max...  I think your work on this photo is lovely...  If you do happen to adjust the colours any more,
please keep the lady's dress and shawl as they are now... They both look amazing on my screen..

Regards,
Robert

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

Kiska, I can't see any green tinge on my monitor or in the prints I made, as I have said before my monitor is only calibrated with Adobe Gamma, and they do seem to loose something in the translation to sRGB. Will have to check Becky's gallery again, last time I looked they were all empty.

Glenna, I know what you mean, that is why I posted this just to try and keep the forum going, sad, the four posts in this thread are all that came in yesterday.

Robert, I am quite pleased how the shawl and dress turned out, Margaret says that the colour of the dress is as close to the original as I can get it - just did it for a bit of fun and practise, the original was printed on heavily textured paper, had to run it through the  FFT filters 4 times to get it good enough to work on.

Thanks for your comments, all those eagle eyes keep me on the straight and narrow.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

pcraft

I'm sure Margaret's friend will be thrilled with it Max...  :)