• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New book on restorations (Nov 2006)

Started by Codeman, April 25, 2007, 05:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klassylady25

There's CHEAP?    :wow:    Wouldn't that be nice!!  LOL

Peter_AUS

$28 at present on Amazon, here in Australia it costs $75 Aus.  He certainly does what appears to be good restorations, but the images were a bit small on my screen to really see if they are ??
Regards,

Peter

Ausimax

Hi Folks,

After browsing the difficult restorations on his site, I sort of think that WE should be collaborating to write the definitive book on restorations, the only actually damaged photos were the sky map and the one with mould on it, all the rest were just faded or needed colour correction.

None of the books/articles I have read ever seem to deal with the same degree of total damage we have to face on OPR, and looking at what he is doing and charging $45.00 an hour - wonder what his plans are for his second $Million.

Max

Whoops! I know, selling books.
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi Max --

Actually we don't have to WRITE a book.  It's contained in the forum.  We just need someone to compile this wealth of information and attach that to images of the type of damage we've encountered.  On the other hand, do you suppose anyone would read it besides OPR members?  I've yet to see a book on restoration that shows a photo with one-tenth of the damage we get even on the "easy" ones.  Is there a way we could start a tutorial thread that contains JUST the best information we've shared with each other in overcoming these challenges?  I'm constantly going back through the forum to find bits and pieces to help me get through my bears.  I print out any advice or suggestions I get for my own work, but other parts of the forum have incredibly helpful tips & tricks as well.  Food for thought!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)