• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR Volunteers have dogs, too!

Started by John, April 03, 2007, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

QuoteOf course OPR volunteers have dogs! We have to have someone for the Cats to boss around.

Max - I love it.  So succinct and so true.

What a wonderful bunch of pooches.  Makes me wish I could retire and adopt several of my own.  The cats would go nuts!  Whoo hoo -- chaos is our friend!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Marley and Me was a great book.  Like Kerry said, it made me laugh out loud, and cry in the end.  Pets are so wonderful to have around, and even though many of you are dog people, I still like you guys!  I went to the shelter yesterday to look for a playmate for Winchester.  I could have brought every single one of those cats home!  My husband thinks we should wait a bit longer, since it's only been 3 weeks since Adja died.  We'll see...I did fall in love with a beautiful Siamese mix at the shelter though!

Christine

glennab

Hi Chris

GO GET THAT CAT NOW!!!  I know that no one will replace Adja, but another can fill your life with love and give Winchester a playmate.  And I'm glad you went to the shelter.  It's obscene to me that pure bred animals are selling for such ungodly prices,  the "industry" is filled with inbreeding, cruelty and neglect, and the shelters are overflowing with wonderful animals who deserve to have a home rather than die in numbers that break my heart.  What are you going to name him/her?????

Hugz!

Glenna

OOPS!  This is a thread about DOGS.  Sorry, canine lovers.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Ok fellow OPR's, try and top this one!  I about fell out of my chair, spilling my wine, when I saw a large cat sitting on our woodpile outside.  Turns out, it was a bobcat.  We took about 60-70 pictures of him.  He's absolutely beautiful.  And no, it wasn't using some powerful lens....the cat was probably 50 feet from our window.  And no, this will not be Winchester's next playmate!!

Christine

pcraft

Fantastic photo Christine!!!!   :up:

Regards,
Robert

glennab

WOW Chris, what a wonderful photo.  And what a wonderful gift to see a wild cat.  I can imagine how exciting that was.

Interestingly, one of my closest friends is the president of the local Audubon Chapter, and she's all over the state -- looking for birds, of course, but she sees a lot of other wonderful critters.  A few months ago the group was on a tour and got their first photo of a Florida bobcat.  I thought she was going to totally lose it she was so excited!  They got a great shot of him, but nothing to compare to yours. 

You are lucky beyond words to have such a gorgeous neighbor!  Thanks for sharing the photo.  If you don't mind, I'm going to copy it and send it to Mauri.  She'll absolutely love it.

Glenna

Notice how this DOG thread has gone to the CATS!

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Christine,

Nice photo, shows just how backwoods is your location, you will soon have a new career as a wildlife photographer. :)

No photos - time on the hands - so I had to have a play with yours. :D   

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

RosyBijou

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

Dave

Well I was going to post photos of our dogs, but I forgot how to post photos to this forum. Pretty good, huh?

Little help?

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

kjohnson

And Kenny did a how-to clip on Youtube recently on posting pics, maybe he can chime in to let ya know what the link is. I wasn't able to locate it.

cmpentecost

Dave,

Download your photo into Photobucket, then copy the IMG link and paste it in here. 

Christine

Dave

Ok, so here are the Ellis family dogs. Both are border collie mixes. Sasha has German Shepard while Skye has Lab.

Both can be highly annoying. Sasha likes to herd people and is crafty when it comes to eating more than her fair share.

Skye is currently digging up my backyard in an effort to look like a moonscape. She's a hunter and a killer of all small woodland creatures. I came home the other day thinking that she was greeting me with a stick in her mouth only to realize after grabbing it that she was actually holding a dead mouse. Yay!

Skye:

Sasha:
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

glennab

Dave - what wonderful faces!  Skye looks like a total imp and Sasha has a beautiful smile!  I think our animals annoy us because they think that's why we hired them!  At least they don't let life get boring!  Glenna

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kiska

Well, the sweet pooches finally made it!
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro