• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

OPR Volunteers have dogs, too!

Started by John, April 03, 2007, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Meet Winnie, an Australian Terrier:

kjohnson

Oh that's good news, I was beginning to think this place was being run by a cadre of cats. Great dog pic too!

kiska

I've got dogs. I've got dogs!!!!!.................but they are over there with the cats...............unhappily.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

kjohnson

Someone needs to do a roll call, to get all the dogs accounted for then. Yea I forgot about your iconic image there. No dogs here, but I'm good friends with a few.

glennab

Hi John

Winnie is too precious --and a fashion maven as well.  Love the sweater.

Just to let you know, since I'm probably the ringleader of the cat cadre  -- I adore dogs as well .  Some of my best friends are Dobermans -- my son has two, my daughter has one, and one of my associates at work has one.  They're the most eccentric, smart, nutty animals I've ever met.  They eat the most gawd-awful food -- kim chi, hot peppers, any kind of junk food imaginable.  And they're, contrary to their reputation, the most loving, sweet dogs in the world -- unless  you threaten someone they love -- then watch out!

I was raised with daschunds (my parents deserted me.  Kidding!), and one of my closest friends when I was in school was a monstrous Great Dane named Blue.

I just wanted you to know that most "cat people" I know are animal lovers who also have dogs, have had dogs or (like us) would have dogs if we were home enough to be able to give them the attention they need.

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't love animals and is missing out on the joy of having furry companions.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Meet Emilly, aka Boof, Part Labrador part Border Collie and 100% spoilt.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

GP

This was my best buddy for 11years. His name is Alf. Sadly, he died 7 years ago  :'(
I still miss him. Now I have to share my live with those darn cats. But I'm dreaming about to have a dog like Alf sometime in the future again. But as long as I have to go to work every day it remains only a dream. If I'm really desperate for some doggy love I visit my daughter, she has a basset hound (Pete) and 2 German shorthair pointers (Luka and Lizzy).

Alf - British sheep dog 

Pete                                                  Luka & Lizzy
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

kjohnson

Great portrait of Alf. And so much for thinking this place was over run with cats.

kiska

WHEW!!!!!!  Glad she got us out of that CAT HOUSE! :funny:

Signed,

b. p. and H

Here are my pets.

Bits, a stray I took in a few years ago.

Pearl, adopted last summer, an Australian Shepherd.

And Hannah, the QUEEN, a Blue Tick Coonhound. Also my avatar.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Ausimax

Of course OPR volunteers have dogs! We have to have someone for the Cats to boss around. :funny:

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

Ausimax

This is our previous beloved dog, Sally with Lucy when she was a kitten, Sally died 2.5 years ago aged 16, she was the most beautiful Golden Labrador.

Max

GP

Max,
you are absolutely right about that cats need to have a boss! Alf was very good at that. Sometimes Rambo, my cat would walk past him and he would put his big paw on him to nail him to the floor. It happened always so fast before I even had time to react and than it was over and they were friends again! I assumed that Rambo must have said something to him to make him mad.
You furry friends are beautiful!
And John, your little guy is adorable too. Kiska I can't see your pictures, but I think I saw them in a different thread.Quite a collection!
Gerlinde
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

RosyBijou

I couldn't find a good picture where these two were separated!  We saw Josie on TV!  She was featured on our local television as the weekly animal shelter candidate.  Brian went crazy when he saw her, so we called, thinking, "It'll never happen..."  Well, it happened and here we are!  Apparently she was found abandoned and pregnant and was next up on the euthanasia list when the owner of our shelter adopted her.  I guess that it's relatively easy to find homes for puppies, but Josie isn't a beauty queen and is very mild mannered and the shelter here had a tough time finding someone who wanted her--puppies and bouncy dogs grab people's attention, so they're the ones who get adopted--anyway, we caught her on her second TV airing.  Brian walks around the house singing, "She ain't nothin but a hound dog...." and Josie follows him, catching his crumbs.  We love her. 
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

kjohnson

Hey this is more interesting than talking about channels & mud remover stuff. Maxs post reminds me of a book that was on the best seller list for quite sometime, no not scott kelby, but it was about a guy & his lab and their adventures. You know the furry bundle of joy that turns the house upside down, then they eventually mellow out together.

RosyBijou

What a wonderful book!  Marley & Me is the title & it is by John Grogan.  I laughed and cried through that book because my true love was Logan--who we lost to cancer just 3 weeks after getting Josie.  He was a lovable golden who was "kicked out" of the Seeing Eye for not-so-stellar performance as a guide dog.  (He was actually placed with a person & sent back!)  They say it takes goldens about 3-4 years to settle down... Logan was still raiding the cupboards at 14!  I think that he and Marley would have been drinking buddies if their paths had crossed! 

I was tinkering with the photoshop filters for an assignment in an online class (one of Sherry's!) and this was the image that i came up with...  It's amazing how these animals weave themselves into our lives.  I'm still heartbroken over losing him.  :'(

Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)