• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A Fun Project for Us!

Started by Mhayes, January 30, 2024, 07:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Morning all.. I thought this one would be really easy?? this is my second attempt to revive this image.  I mostly just sit and stare at it.. any help would be appreciated in getting these two home.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

I don't think you can squeeze more info out of this photo. 
phil

Jo Ann Snover

That's a tough one. I think the issue is that the background shouldn't be light - it should be dark. Think of how a flash picture looks when taken on a dark night.

I did a very quick-and-dirty version of what I think this needs on the original (and I can share the PSD file if you'd like, but the masks are not finish-quality!)

The only other approach might be to vignette it, but Margie'd have to say OK on something like that

See what you think

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann.. I think you are right.  My first attempt was on those lines and I scrapped it..
Back to the drawing board.

Lynnya

Jo Ann Snover

I think attempt #1 is the better approach.

I'd make the people a little lighter (and increase the contrast for them so they don't look washed out) than shown above and probably show more of the wall and rail (whatever it is behind them).

Unscrap your first version :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

I'm going down a rabbit hole...bear in mind this is a very small picture...

Jo Ann Snover

I think that looks a ton better than the bright version. Perhaps see if Margie agrees?
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Lynn,

I think your final looks great!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie they are on their way to you.

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

Were almost done with all the photos and I gave Nanda, in Joplin, a sneak screen shot of all your restores and here is her reply:

QuoteOh, Margie! These are amazing!!!! I can't wait to see them up close. Wow!!!

Thank you so much, and please thank the volunteers for me! I'd like to find out if I can donate to your organization or in some way repay you for this! Think about it and let me know!

Can't wait till the museum gets to see them.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Wonderful - it's lovely to get feedback that we have had an impact.

I'd love it if other museums or history societies or similar groups would use OPR's services in the future...
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Me too.. I miss working with OPR and all the gang.

Candice

Lynna and JoAnn, I know what you mean.  This is and has been the best things I've been part of over the years.  It was wonderful to be able to dig into these photos and read on the work being done. 
Candice

Candice

Quote from: Jo Ann Snover on February 20, 2024, 09:52:18 AMWonderful - it's lovely to get feedback that we have had an impact.

I'd love it if other museums or history societies or similar groups would use OPR's services in the future...

My husband and I were saying the same thing.  We're here. We've worked together.  Great team work helps a lot. 
Candice