• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Pictures Coming in the Mail

Started by Mhayes, April 05, 2023, 11:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Everyone,

I got a call as to whether I would still accept some photos that got overlooked at the last run, and of course I said yes. I think it will be 5 families and not a lot of photos. As soon as I get the thumb drive in the mail I will upload and let you know.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Oh good news!  :up2: :up2: :up2:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Good news indeed! I'm settled enough after our move that I expect to be able to help.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

It feels funny not having you just around the corner JoAnn  :) Even tho we never met it was like we were in the same place... in the rain...as it is doing right now!!! :crazy:
Glad to hear you are settled in your new home.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

A nicer person wouldn't gloat, but....

I was experimenting with my new phone's camera and taking RAW vs JPEG with it. The daffodils are on the ledge on one side of my back garden. Definitely not raining today :)

This Winter's weather was nuts - you were colder and snowier than usual and we had the reverse.

And the RAW files on the iPhone 14 Pro are wonderful BTW
Jo Ann

Candice

Ah, the messengers of spring!!  I love daffodils, Jo Ann. 
Candice

Mhayes

Jo Ann, lovely photo. I had no idea you could do Raw with the iPhone 14 Pro. Do you take them into PhotoShop to work?

Forgot to mention the flash drive that I've been waiting, and waiting to come, haven't even been mailed yet. I sent a message and the photographer said he would send tomorrow. Kind of like the check is in the mail.  :mad:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

schen

Does anyone still use the cell phone to make phone calls?
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Hannie

Quote from: schen on April 26, 2023, 12:54:05 AM
Does anyone still use the cell phone to make phone calls?

Phone calls?  Really?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Mhayes on April 26, 2023, 12:25:06 AM
Jo Ann, lovely photo. I had no idea you could do Raw with the iPhone 14 Pro. Do you take them into PhotoShop to work?

Thanks!

You have to enable RAW files in a setting for the camera app, but you then get Apple Pro RAW in a DNG file instead of HEIC or JPEG. It's most interesting when you turn on the full resolution of the main camera (i.e. not available for the wide angle or telephoto) which produces a 48MP file instead of a 12MP one.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211965

You can open the DNG file in a number of apps - My main RAW file software is Capture One but Lightroom and Photoshop also read those DNGs. It's never going to rival a mirrorless or DSLR but it's pretty good - and it's the one that's always in your pocket (or in mine anyway!)

I rented a lens this week and was comparing it to the macro/wide angle shots from the iPhone (i.e. these were 12MP RAW files)

Jo Ann

schen

Thanks, Jo Ann for the clarifications. My old phone does not allow me to select raw for the camera app. I used to run Lightroom on the phone. If I take pictures through Lightroom, I could store them in DNG. But now the phone's native app for photo adjustments works as well as Lightroom, I seldom use Lightroom.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Mhayes

Thanks Jo Ann for the clarification and the shots, very interesting. Schen, had earlier given me a link to Adobe DNG Converter that I could choose for my new compact Camera that was not supported with my old PS CS 5 Raw.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]