• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Graduate in Blue

Started by Lynnya, April 26, 2022, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. another doozy for me.. I'm afraid to mess with it too much at this point.. usually this is where I mess up.. comments and suggestions welcome.. thanks. On my screen the color is better..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

The color difference is because of the color space of the image - the original, and your WIP, are in the EPSON Standard RGB vs. sRGB. Even if it's just for the forum, convert to (not assign) sRGB. I have converted my files (Bambi didn't complain, so I'm assuming that was OK).

I did make a couple of changes to brighten it up, tone down the reds, make the tassel gold without the blue shadows and add the definition of the top of the cap and its front seam which had been lost in the repairs. See what you think

Jo Ann

Hannie

The originals should all be in sRGB, unfortunately some are not so we have to convert our WIP to sRGB like Jo Ann mentioned earlier.

Beautiful job Lynn, Jo Ann's adjustments look great!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie, thanks JoAnn.. I wasn't sure if there were blue threads in the tassle.. I'll work on your suggestions today.. thanks.

I just copied your suggestions JoAnn and it's much improved - changed the color space and sent her home. Thanks.

Mhayes

I am so sorry about the color space--I should have known better. The woman who did the scanning for the owner was an absolute "nut job," but so am I for not realizing I should have checked more closely. I had enough of a battle trying to explain sizing and dpi for someone who was totally clueless, but gave an impression to being truly superior. However, her lying was amusing especially when the owner of the photos contradicted everything she told me.

I would be glad to replace the photos with right color space, or how should we handle this?

Thanks!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

I would gladly redo the whole thing in the right colorspace if it helps.. I did convert it to sRGB before sending it in..

Mhayes

Thanks, lets see what Bambi thinks and QC.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, no worries.  What Lynn did with changing color space to sRGB before uploading works fine.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Lynnya

Mhayes

This will make the owner so happy as this is one of only a few photos that could be restored to their former glory.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Late to the party, but wonderful restore. :)
Candice

Lynnya

Thank you Candy... joint effort between me and JoAnn.. :up:

Candice

Between you two, it came out very well.
Candice