• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Doctor of Audiology

Started by Candice, March 14, 2022, 01:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Hugs, Lynn!  I have one more set of signatures to do!  Then I'll post. Family time for now.
Candice

Candice

The last of the last was done today.  I believe it's ready to go home.

Before

After

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

What a huge difference! I did notice something when looking over the finished version that you might want to fix. A lot of the words looked different because the letters aren't spaced evenly the way they are in the original - in some cases the letter shape itself has been narrowed in the cleaned up version.

Here is an example of two words where the original damaged word, in red, is above the finished version with a couple of guides just to show that they're lined up correctly

The eye picks up on the irregularity. I think you could probably move the type around using the damaged version on an overlay to check things (I didn't clean anything up, but just blew out the background enough that I could use the original as a template).
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Great job Candy, and good tip Jo Ann!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

rsvadnie

Oh WOW! It's been so cool to watch your progress—such awesome work!!

Candice

I always check it all over before I send it in.  I don't know if you noticed it or not, but the original was stretched.  Once I started lining everything up you could see that it was about 1/8" off from left to the right.  There was a LOT of realigning that had to be done.  I used ruler guides to do so.  Here are a few screenshots showing what I saw.  The top layer is the original at 32% so you can see the differences.  As for the kerning between the letters, I honestly believe that came from the printers with different spacing.  For example, the S always seemed to be stretched fatter than many of the letters.  I went in between.  Leading had to be worked with, too.  Again, I always check it all over before I send it in, but thought I'd share with you what went into this restoration for me.

Candice

Candice

Reworked the diploma and still have some finishing touches however, this is where I am tonight.  It's 1:45 am.  Happy spring!  I'm heading to bed.

Candice

Candice

Final work.

Candice

Lynnya

Looks perfect to me Candy! except for that big ole finger print in the right hand corner...

just kidding!  :funny:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

:hug:  Lynn,  that fingerprint was just for you!!  To the others it's invisible!!   :D ::)

Just a few tweaks this morning and here's the final.  Sending it home.

Candice