• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

need color help

Started by Lynnya, February 14, 2022, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, I'm just starting on this image and I'm working on my laptop screen which isn't giving me very good color results. This is what I've got so far. Also, I'm assuming the dark vignette around the edge is damage right? Any and all help appreciated. Looking at the upload I can see a lot of blue around her white dress.. please ignore that and look at skin tones .
I have modified my post to delete the link to the corrupt image..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Hi.  I downloaded your photos.  I took the uncorrected picture and I did a levels correction on each channel to give added contrast and here is what I came up with.  I did not correct for color after just doing a levels correction on each channel. I think that doing a levels correction on the each channel first would be a good place to start.  I don't think the Vignette is an artifact but I could be wrong.  Good luck with that.
phil

Shadow

Hey Lynn. Bit rusty but gave it a go. Agree with Phil. This is my basic color correction and its close to Phil's. Not sure about the vignette. Is there another pic in the series that answers that? Good luck.  :)

Mhayes

Lynna, both Phil and Shadow's color correction is spot on.  The girl's hair is either red or has a red cast. All the other pictures of her in the album show with reddish color hair.  Plus, these photos had minimal damage, so not a case of water damage causing the red. You will notice on yours that her dress has a blueish cast and the cat is now looking like a blue-point instead of the natural brown. Your restore was nice, but the colors went the wrong way.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi guys..yes thanks for input you are all right. I'm trying to do a restore with the wrong tools. I dont even have internet (rv park)
and now I'm having trouble with photoshop not working offline and I can't leave my phone hotspot on for long periods. So...between the jigs as nd the reels it makes sense to wait until I'm back home with all my stuff I need 😁 If you can color correct this image the rest of it is easy peasy so I'm putting her back in Bambi's gallery for someone else to do.

Jo Ann Snover

I know I'm a bit late to this, but wanted to note something odd in the forum - nothing to do with Lynnya's image.

All the linked images worked as I expected - PostImage hosted - except for the one in philbach's reply. That said it was pixxxels, not PostImage and had a "Live Sex" button before "Download Original" "Share" etc.

I don't know where the error is (and obviously I didn't click on anything!) but wondered if anyone else sees that and if there's something amiss with the forum somewhere.

I noticed that when you hover over the image (before clicking on the link in the forum) you see a typical url. In Lynnya's WIP it was postimg.cc/mhHL1wm9. For the problem link, hovering shows postimg.cc/YL6H474h (as does copy link address if you right click) but where you end up is https : // pixxxels.cc / YL6H474h (spaces added by me)

I kept screen captures in case it matters.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Jo ann..on the original image I uploaded it's the same pixels and live sex..on my correction its postimage... .what's with that!!! :wow:

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Lynnya on February 16, 2022, 05:31:53 PM
Jo ann..on the original image I uploaded it's the same pixels and live sex..on my correction its postimage... .what's with that!!! :wow:

You've been up to no good on your travels!!

I have no idea what's up, but perhaps some webmaster/moderator can take out any links or posts that could be damaging before one of us finds out what pixxxels is all about!
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hey don't blame me lol..I dun not go nowhere bad...ain't in my puter..at least I don't think so :-\

Jo Ann Snover

:halo: or  >:D???

'Tis all above my paygrade :)
Jo Ann

Candice

:wow: That was weird about the picture posting. 
Candice

philbach

Perhaps I should change my password.  That is what I will do.
phil

philbach

I changed my password and have uploaded a test file.  Let me know if it has been corrupted with some other stuff.

phil

Lynnya

philbach

phil