• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Covid interruptions

Started by Lynnya, January 28, 2022, 02:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all, just got started on this image and then came down with the dreaded lurgy. Back up and running now but need input on the lower part of this image.. just can't make my mind up whether it's grass or damage.. any input appreciated.

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

philbach

Hi Lynnya.  I am glad you recovered.  I agree with Kiska.  It looks like dirt and grass to me as well.
phil

Lynnya

Thanks guys..I just couldn't come to a conclusion..

Shadow

Glad you are making a comeback from the dreaded stuff. Agree with the others. Look forward to seeing your final!  :)

Jo Ann Snover

Sorry to hear about your Covid interruption, but very glad you're doing better now. I'm very late to this, but I agree that it's grass around the bottom of his folding chair.
Jo Ann

Mhayes

Lynnya, so sorry to hear your bout with Covid. Hope you get your strength back soon.

:hug:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks all..I'm just glad I was vaccinated and boosted I'm not sure we would have survived!. Modern miracles!! Yeay!

Lynnya

Trying to get this image finished before leaving Florida for the West coast.. I would appreciate any input as to what this needs to fly home.. I'm on my laptop so my monitor is iffy (that's my excuse anyway). 1 is with the arm in the background and 2 is sans arm.

Jo Ann Snover

On the arm, I think you need to leave it in - it's a bit of a distraction, but it was in the original photo, so I think it should be in the restore.

On the finishing touches, you have some weird blurring on the left side where bricks that have sharp joins in the original are now a blur. And next to the pipe - between the man's elbow and the pipe - is an odd-shaped object that isn't in the original :)

You've moved the man's right eye - I assume you cloned the left. I think repairing the damage would work better, but an alternative would be to put the repaired eye on a separate layer, lower the opacity so you can see the original, and then rotate & skew the repair until it overlays the original eye. Then turn the opacity back up :)

Other than that, only a few cloning artifacts on the lower left of the photo (in the grass) and I think you're done!

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Joann ..that's helps a lot.

Candice

Candice

Shadow

Joann's tweaks will put it over the top. Nice work Lynn  :up2: