• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Proud graduate

Started by Jo Ann Snover, December 16, 2021, 09:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

I'm slowly working my way through this restore - you can see there's still lots left to do.

The family history in the photos on the shelves is as much a part of the story as the huge smile on the graduate's face. Lots still to be done, but posting will help me keep plugging away. I don't think this one has any mysteries, but if you see anything awful I've done, feel free to tell me :)

Original

WIP1

Jo Ann

Shadow

Off to a great start JoAnn. Enjoy watching your work.

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks. Here's where I ended up today

Jo Ann

Candice

Your picture is coming along very well.  It's been a challenge tackling the bookshelf as well.  I see glasses on the young man in the upper left, right picture.  They are light though. Keep up the great work.

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

QuoteI see glasses on the young man in the upper left, right picture.  They are light though. Keep up the great work.

I took another look at the picture on the top shelf, including in the red and blue channels, and I'm not seeing glasses. This picture is enlarged and contrast enhanced, but otherwise untouched. Can you still see glasses? The bridge of the nose looks "clean" to me and I can't see frames (although they might be frameless).

If anyone can give me a bit more of an idea of where glasses are, I'd appreciate some outlines or hints
Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

And here's today's progress:

Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

I've sent the image back, but I can always do another version if someone can "find" the glasses :)

Jo Ann

Candice

Jo, I don't think it makes any difference.  It's a picture on the shelves.  Could be I'm seeing things...... again!   :wow:  lol

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

I love those glasses - very stylish :)

I'm still not seeing them in the original though. I'll send a link to this thread to Jonas and ask him to make the call.  Thanks.
Jo Ann

Candice

I see them because of the light glare on them.  lol  I bet I'd make some psychiatrist happy with those ink blot tests!
Candice