• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Dinvaut - Young Man and Woman

Started by Candice, November 04, 2021, 12:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philbach

Well the top half seems to me that it could be a little darker.  IE bring down the blacks some in just the upper half.  I sampled the bill of the gentleman's hat and lowered the luminosity of it.  I spared the lower half by using a layer mask on the curves layer.

phil

Candice

Update.   From beginning to end. The guys hand will be about the last thing I really go back and work on later.  Heading out for a country drive!!  :hug:

:)     :) 

Decided to do a B/W in case the moderators wanted to add their own version of old manilla coloration.
Candice

Mhayes

Great job Candy. Only suggestion I would make would be to darken some areas and lighten others. Woman skirt will be darker towards the bottom from shadows, but a gradual blend and perhaps need darker towards the top. I also darken the eyes, service hat, and hair of both. The easiest way to do this without messing up your work is to go to the top menu on PhotoShop and choose Layer>New>Mode with with Overlay of Soft Light>check box for neutral color (50% gray). I then pick a soft brush at pick a low opacity to start with and change as needed. For making darker and foreground black and for lighter foreground box white.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie, I did all of that at one time or another and then another suggestion came in and I'd rework it. Sometimes suggestions can be a blessing and a curse.  I'll go back and look at it.   Thank you.   :)  How's this one?

Candice

Mhayes

Candy, looks good except for the skirt at the bottom so black black at the bottom.  iLet's hope this doesn't come under the curse category?   ::)
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on November 14, 2021, 06:32:22 PM
Candy, looks good except for the skirt at the bottom so black black at the bottom.  Let's hope this doesn't come under the curse category?   ::)

Well, kind of both.  LOL  :cool:

Now, off to Bambi it goes. 

Candice

Mhayes

Much better, see it was a blessing instead. LOL
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Shadow