• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mail Room

Started by Shadow, November 01, 2021, 12:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi Gang. Happy Monday. Have been working on this one. Lots left to do. The color of the lady's face seems off. Numbers are pretty good but on my screen it looks too red. Any ideas? Thanks

Jo Ann Snover

I agree that the colors don't look quite right, but it's not a great photo to begin with (from a color/lighting point of view) given the flash and very dark room behind.

This is my take on what it should look like, and before I sampled a neutral gray, I put two adjustment layers above the original, one set to screen blend mode (to lighten everything) and one multiply (to tone down the highlights on the woman's jacket and very slightly on her face.

Then I used a curves adjustment layer to pick a neutral gray, and the best I found was the top of the white label on the ladder on the right. It was still a tad red, so I tweeked the red curve shadows by hand (effectively trading red for blue). Another curves adjustment layer to set the overall black & white points.

Compared to yours, it's less yellow and a hair less red, but it's also brighter, which I think helps the color too. See what you think.

Oh, and Happy Monday :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Good tips from Jo Ann Lyn.. I'll keep that in my tool box as well  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thanks girls! Back later.

Candice

Looking forward to seeing the final one, Shadow.  I also agree with Jo on this one.  Just a little from here to there will make the difference.
Candice

Shadow

This is a screenshot of the final sent in over the weekend. Thanks again for the tip and the support gang!  :loveit:

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Candice

Shadow

Thanks Lynn and Candy  :loveit:

Mhayes

Shadow, I got behind on seeing all the posts. Last but not least a Very nice restore and looks close to the original.  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Margie. Are you recovered from the eye surgery?