• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Missing information

Started by Lynnya, October 11, 2021, 02:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. thought I was being clever thinking missing info would be in the blue channel... of course it's not... cos it's gone.. that'll teach me! :crazy:

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

schen

The blue channel usually is helpful when the damage is covered by yellow blobs. This looks like everything was torn off the paper.

But you have done a fantastic job restoring it. Apparently, you don't need a blue channel.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Lynnya

That's very kind Schen.. drawing is not my best attribute! and skin texture is a nightmare.  I used Phlearn's skin texture from scratch method.. I'm not totally happy with it but I'll probably go further down the rabbit hole if I do too much more. See what the drawing artists can contribute..

schen

I could never paint the texture that would blend in with the surroundings so I usually use clone stamp, healing brush, patch tool, or cut and paste to fill the void then use dodge/burn to match the brightness.
What you have looks good. I would probably use the burn tool to darken between the right arm and right leg a little.
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

Lynnya

Thanks Schen..I will do that.

Is this better.. or does it need more..

Jo Ann Snover

Couple of suggestions (beyond just some cleanup in the tree and ornament details). I think the shape of the boy's leg - specifically where the knee is - isn't quite right, and you've taken out two teeth!!

If you look at the under side of his foreground leg, where the bend in the leg is, the knee needs to be above that bend given how the joint is constructed. Then the leg is straight-ish from there down to where it meets the sock just below the end of the torn part.

Take a look at my quick-and-dirty edits over your latest WIP and then the outlines I made over the original, overlaid on your WIP to see where it's different. Hope this helps

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thank you JoAnn.. I was waiting for you to weigh in.. much much better... I wasn't that happy with it but couldn't figure out what the problem was. Great info  :up: