• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Mum with her two babies

Started by Jo Ann Snover, October 02, 2021, 09:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

I'm still working on this one - the woman's skirt is obviously not yet done! - but I'd appreciate any thoughts about whether or not I have something credible for the sofa on which she's sitting. I took a couple of different tacks on the arm on the right of the photo and this one is (I think) (a) believable and (b) closest to what I see in the blue channel.

Anything else you notice that's off (other than the skirt) would be helpful too. I have lightened faces a similar amount based on Bambi's guidance on the previous restore I did from this family - input on that welcome too.

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Looks great JoAnn.. sofa yes is great.. maybe a tad more shadow in the arm crease/corner? Only other thing that popped into my mind when I opened the image was "are the skin tones a tad red".. but maybe not. Look forward to the final.. she'll love it.  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

Hi.  I think the arm of the sofa and the sofa seat and the pillow shown by the green dots are the same material and probably the pillow to the left of the green dot is as well. I l lightened the photo by copying the layer using screen blending mode and to that layer used Image/Adjustments/Shadows-Highlights. 

phil

Jo Ann Snover

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

This is the finished version I sent back to Bambi this morning - brighter, less red skin tones and adjusted sofa colors & shadows. And a fixed skirt :)

Jo Ann

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

phil

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Candice

:up:  Sweet, Jo!  :hug:
Candice