• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

color input needed please

Started by Lynnya, September 18, 2021, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

I agree you're not done yet (and I still think she needs a bit more contrast), but you have already done a lot!

Perhaps you just need a short break from it?

I'm up to my you-know-where in alligators with the restore I'm working on (I'm about to post a WIP). Perhaps we should do a swap? :)
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks JoAnn.. a little kick in the patoochie was just what I needed.. I'm working away on her again.. fingers crossed  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Here's where I'm at.. the color is much better on my screen..it's lost some of it's warmth..   The Top image is from my smugmug site.. the bottom is post image..

Jo Ann Snover

I downloaded your latest WIP and it's in the Adobe RBG color space - so it looks great in Photoshop (just like your smugmug version).

I think Margie had said in another post a few days ago that we should return sRGB images when uploading the final. Remember when you do that to Convert to Profile, NOT Assign Profile. Assign profile will turn your lovely colors to the washed out version :(

I like how this looks. There are a couple of edges of the tassel that got caught by your black and white filter for the background, and on the right side, about an inch up, there's a hard edged, pale gray line (I expect a cloning step picked up the image edge).

Otherwise, I think she looks wonderful!
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks JoAnn... okay silly question.. how do I convert to sRGB.. when I go to advanced convert there seems to be more than one option.. I did assign RGB last time.. Thanks again. :hug:

Jo Ann Snover

In my version of Photoshop (and I think this was the same in CS6), from the Edit menu, select Convert to Profile and it'll bring up a dialog.

Full instructions here

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/working-with-color-profiles.html

But from that:

"Convert document colors to another profile (Photoshop)
Choose Edit > Convert To Profile.
Under Destination Space, choose the color profile to which you want to convert the document's colors. The document will be converted to and tagged with this new profile.
Under Conversion Options, specify a color management engine, a rendering intent, and black point and dither options (if available). (See Color conversion options.)
To flatten all layers of the document onto a single layer upon conversion, select Flatten Image.
To preview the effects of the conversion in the document, select Preview."

You can ignore the options. Just select sRGB as the Destination Space. Be careful about the Flatten Image checkbox - you don't want to remove all the layers from your main file. I have an action that (for those cases very much like this workflow where I need to make a JPEG to upload from a Photoshop file that's multi-layered, in another color space and in 16 bit mode) converts the image to sRBG, flattens it, makes the mode 8 bit, saves the JPEG (with an embedded profile) and then closes my file without saving changes. No need to make an action, but do remember not to save your main file after you make the sRGB JPEG.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Mhayes

If you don't do it, Bambi has been warned and QC knows to change the profile if you don't. Correct on the instructions--thanks!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

I did it I did it I promise!!! :P