• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

In Memory of Adja & Lucy and to honor all our beloved cats

Started by glennab, March 25, 2007, 04:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Keep in mind that if you don't know cats very well, some of these may not make sense.
If you're nuts for cats, you'll get every one of them!

Cat Haikus

You never feed me.
Perhaps I'll sleep on your face.
That will sure show you.

You must scratch me there!
Yes, above my tail! Behold,
Elevator butt.

I need a new toy.
Tail of black dog keeps good time.
Pounce! Good dog! Good dog!

The rule for today:
Touch my tail, I shred your hand.
New rule tomorrow.

In deep sleep hear sound;
Cat vomit hairball somewhere.
Will find in morning

Grace personified,
I leap into the window.
I meant to do that.

Blur of motion. Then--
Silence, me, a paper bag.
What is so funny?

The mighty hunter
Returns with gifts of plump birds--
Your foot just squashed one.

You're always typing.
Well, let's see you ignore my
Sitting on your hands.

My small cardboard box.
You cannot see me if I
Can just hide my head.

Terrible battle.
Fought for hours. Come and see!
What's a "term paper?"

Kitty like plastic.
Confuses for litter box.
Don't leave tarp around.

Small brave carnivores
Kill pine cones and mosquitoes
Fear vacuum cleaner

Want to trim my claws?
Don't even think about it!
My yelps will wake dead.

I want to be close
To you. Can I fit my head
Inside your armpit?

Wanna go outside.
Oh, s**t! Help! I got outside!
Let me back inside!

Oh no! The Big One
Has been trapped by newspaper!
Cat to the rescue!

Humans are so strange.
Mine lies still in bed, then screams!
My claws aren't that sharp. . .

Cats meow out of angst
Thumbs! If only we had thumbs!
We could break so much!"

The Big Ones snore now.
Every room is dark and cold.
Time for "Cup Hockey"

We're almost equals.
I purr to show I love you.
Want to smell my butt?

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Glenna,
you made me laugh! So true, so true...
My female cat allways points her but towards you. Although she is very pretty in the front her but is just awful. She is kind of plumb or should I say fluffy and I don't think she could reach her rear end even if she tried.
Gerlinde

Whitney
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

glennab

Gerlinde -- I've studied cats intensely for many years, and the butt smelling thing is their way of letting the world know who they are.  They use their noses a lot for communication.  Personally, I'd rather speak to the other end, thank you very much.

Glad you got a laugh from the haikus.  They arrived today in an e-mail from my sister, who has 4 fur butts that she inherited from our mom.  Seemed an appropriate tribute to our wonderful crazy cats!

GG

When I started posting, I didn't see the photo of Whitney.  She's a beauty!  So regal.  I'm sure she allows everyone to worship her.
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

Hi Glenna,

I think that covers most of their foibles, they won't be taken for granted, nor will they be ignored.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

GP

Glenna,
she definitely knows that she is pretty. She allways walks like she is on stage, we call her our "blond" cat. ::)
Here is my other butt head...
his name is Rambo. He is now 16years old and feeling his age. He used to be outside all the time and came only in for food. But those days are over. He still likes to go outside in the backyard, but never stays longer than 10 minutes.
Whitney is 12 years old and has been an indoor cat her whole life. She belonged to my daughter until she had kids. She never liked kids and made it well known. That's why she became part of my household.
It's kind of ironic -- I'm a dog person and ended up to be the slave of 2 darn cats. >:(

(this are the first pictures I took with my new camera)

glennab

Good morning, Gerlinde and Max,

I read somewhere that dogs have owners, but cats have personal assistants.  So true!

Gerlinde, you have a couple of beautiful cats.  My experience is that even die-hard dog people become completely enamoured of cats if they spend enough time with them.  They will NOT be ignored.

I love all animals, but cats are my passion.  They're so eccentric and unique!  My 12 have caused me more grief and more laughs over the years than I could ever explain.

Enjoy your day.  Hugs!

GG

P.S. Gerlinde, what kind of camera did you get?

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

GP

Hi Glenna,

I hope your day is going well so far. I just arrived at work and I'm ready to go home now! :cool:

Thanks for the complement on my cats. I can not imagine to have 12 of those buggers. I agree you get lots of laughs out of them and like you I like animals in general, they are just better people. But if I think about all the litterbox cleaning I'm doing with 2 cats, how can you manage with 12? :D

As to my camera... I bought a Canon EOS 30D with the 17 - 85mm IS lens. Of course I made the mistake to take the pictures with the flash on, so I had to fix their ghoulish eyes. But no problem thanks to my OPR restoration training.

Have a good day. :hug:

Gerlinde

glennab

Gerlinde:

I have 4 of the huge black mortar mixing boxes that you can get at the home improvement stores (they're about 3 feet by 4 feet).  Those are my litter boxes.  I have a gallon can that I line and spend about 30 minutes "mining" for asteroids every day!  I hate it more than I can tell you, and I'd let my cats out, as I had until about 8 years ago, when my neighbors decided that I was responsible for all the strays in the area and started poisoning them.  All my cats get spayed & neutered as soon as they're old enough, but other people aren't as conscientious.  So we had a "plague" of stray cats.   I started working with an organization called "Save Our Strays."  I'd foster the cats until SOS could find them homes.  Anyway, some lovely person in the general area decided to poison them with antifreeze, which is a horrendous, painful way for an animal to die.  I managed to get two to the vet, and lost one of them.  Five of the strays disappeared, so I don't know if animal control picked them up or if they crawled off somewhere to die.   Definitely one of the worst times of my life! The media got hold of the story, so we were in the newspapers and on TV.  The consequence is that I caught and brought everyone in that I could find, even the totally feral ones, and they've been inside since.  At that point I had 9 cats, but what I didn't know was that one of the feral females was pregnant, so we discovered 5 babies in one of the litter boxes on a Saturday morning. One of the other cats alerted my husband and kept running to the litter box, until he went over and found them with eyes and mouths full of litter.  We managed to save them all, and we couldn't find homes for them, so I still have the 5 "bro's" -- and are they a handful!  I still have their mom, their grandmother, who was the cat that miraculously survived the poisoning,  And I had their feral uncle, who broke my heart and died of a heart attack while I was at work.  Then I lost my 'old guy" Buff, whom I rescued from a warehouse when he was a kitten.  And now there are 12!  My poor husband deserves a medal for putting up with all this.  Anyway, enough of my cat history.

I'm fortunately having a good day at work.  Everyone's out sick, so it's quiet and peaceful.  But I'd still rather be home.  I'm almost over my bronchitis, and I have a major case of spring fever.  Everything's blooming, the weather's wonderful -- I want to go home and work in my yard!

Later!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

zapphnath

Wow!!  I'd say your husband deserves a parade - or maybe even a national holiday. ;D

glennab

Hi Z

Yes, indeed, my hubby deserves much credit for what he's dealt with.  He'll appreciate your comment.  Not only did he have to put up with the cats, but when all the  strays were poisoned, I was bitten by one and almost lost my finger.  So while the major media whirlwind was raging around us, he had to be  "The Cat Man," while I was in the hospital having surgery.  They followed me to the hospital, too, but Lon took the brunt.  Needless to say, I think he's one of the most wonderful people in the world!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)