• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help with color

Started by Lynnya, July 11, 2020, 06:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Candy, nice job. I still think a little on the orange side but know the family is not going to be zeroing in on that.  To get this far is an accomplishment and Lynnya you were part of it. I think on your left at the top of the collar is part of the shirt that has bunched up and not skin. Candy, did you paint his his nails blue?

Lynnya, any photo that has the full resolution can be uploaded to PhotoShelter like usual. If it is from Bambi's gallery than make note of that when uploading.

****Not sure how this happened but ever since Lynnya version the photo went from an 8 x 10 to a 7.86 x 9.823. Not sure if Post Image did it, but the original downloaded as an 8 x 10. Not hard to fix.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

It wasn't mine to do, Margie.  And i'm still playing with it.  I'm going to take it into CMYK to see what I can play with there. 

I tried to lighten his nails and it was 35% white.  Still needs more pink.  lol
Candice

kiska

Made a cmyk copy and did color balance. A quickie.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

That looks great on my screen Kiska.. I think he's ready to go home?
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

At the risk of looking like a dog that won't give up a bone, here goes. I think both Candy's and Kiska's versions are good (called brown nosing both sides), but I still think the child looks a little bit on the orange side. Here is what I mean. I took Candy's last version and I put my color corrected on on top as a layer mask and only cleaned up the skin a little. I did not work on the hair, arms, or legs. See if you think I'm way off base or it is nit-picking at its best/worse.  8) Or, is it a case that I like my children rosy? Also, on both I'm sure the orange part by the middle of the collar should be white.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Well.. at the risk of getting into deep poop here.. I think baby on left looking at screen is a bit orange and baby on right is a bit magenta...maybe half way?  :cool:

Mhayes

Different fathers?  ;D
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Lynnya

Hey Candy how is you latest on our baby boy?? Can we see?  :)

Shadow

Coming along Lynn. You're getting such good help from the color gurus. Good luck. Look forward to the final.

Candice

Funny you should ask.  I've been trying to see if I can get rid of the dingy look.

Candice

Mhayes

Candy, I see your point, but in the end I like the one on the left because of more definition, the one on the right like the colors but too smooth.

:up: :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Hi Candy.. I think we should quit while were ahead :) I'll send him home if you are done with him? maybe try and get your last color on top of slight dingy one? You did a great job on him Candy.. the family will be so happy.

Candice

He was practice to me, Lynn.  I think you've done a great job.  Hope he enjoys the trip home.
Candice

Lynnya

I'll take him back well improved.. thank you Candy  :hug: