• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple

Started by Shadow, May 11, 2020, 01:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hey gang. Color had me going around in circles. I needed some of Kerbstone's "magical elixer"  ::)  Appreciate any and all extra eyes. Suggestions?

Candice

You're not kidding!  Getting the green out is a challenge.  I gave it a go......

Candice

kiska

I did a basic levels and curves, then color balance. Might be a little yellow...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Many thanks Candy and Kiska! Followed your suggestions. Instead of masking her hair I left it with the color.  How's it look overall to your expert eyes and leave her hair as is or mask it and go gray?

Lynnya

Hey lyn just saw this..lovely work!! :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

The hair will work.  Are you still working on removing the green tint? 
Candice

Mhayes

Shadow, definitely  an improvement. I also like Candy's. I did the same as Kiska and did a Levels and then just did an "Auto Adjustment" in Curves. 

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Couple more tweaks Lyn and you'll get there! :up2: These casts are 'orrible!

Candice

Sometimes I find that I have to do a bit of hand painting to remove colors after using the tools in photoshop.  I create a new layer and often paint at a lower opacity.  Sometimes that's the tweak that is needed to pull it all together.
Candice

Shadow

Thanks for all the suggestions gang. Really appreciate your input. Thinking this looks much better and may be it ...  what say you?  :)

philbach

Well I know this thread has been going on for a long time.   At any rate, I used photoshops camera raw filter/dehaze and I've enclosed a comparison.

phil

Mhayes

Shadow, I say good job and ready to go home.

Phil, not bad, although I use the Raw filter on Raw photos only as the info Raw has a jpg doesn't. Not saying it might fit your needs, but any type of adjustment you need is in PhotoShop.. I might add that if not careful and you bring it into Raw, it may sharpen the photo which we don't want. The RAW filter is used to change settings within the camera.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Lovely, Shadow!!
Candice

Lynnya

Great job Lyn on a very tricky one :up:

Shadow

Thanks for the tip Phil. And thanks Candice, Margie, and Lynn  :wnw:  Now then ...   ;D