• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Graduate 2 Flag dilemma

Started by Kerbstone, April 21, 2020, 10:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerbstone

Before I proceed or restart with the image I wondered if you see a Flag also?  Are there 2 flags?  The stars seem to be on the right and the stripes to the left which goes against flag etiquette.  How do you think I should proceed?

Mhayes

For sure on the the big one, but I'm not sure about the one on the wall. I will see if I can find out more information from the family, but not sure how soon I can find out. Plus, this appears to be a pretty old photo, so they might not remember.  I will let others weigh in on this one.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kerbstone

Thank you Margie.  This is how it might look with 2 flags.

Shadow

First, a hearty welcome to the forum! You are so brave. Think you are right about the stars being on the left. Wonder if that might just be a dark drape?

kiska

I don't think the wall hanging in the back is a flag.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Kerbstone

Thank you Shadow and Kiska.  Maybe the family can solve the mystery.

Katreester

To me it seems it is much simpler.  Just my thought.

Kerbstone

Thanks for that Katreester.  Looks very good.

Kerbstone

Playing with levels on the base image-I still see 2 flags-arrows point to stars? Thoughts?

Mhayes

Still don't have a definite answer for you on the background. What I do think is the part with the stars is behind the min and it looks like some strips from those. I would be tempted on whatever is behind the graduate to take it and blur it. That way it doesn't become something we don't know for sure what it is. This photo is really close to being a non-restore and since we are low on photos, take your time but don't get discouraged.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kerbstone

This is what I've come up with to date.  Do any of you have any ideas for improvement.  I think it will return to the gallery as it's probably too difficult for me.

Mhayes

If this was my photo, I would probably be drinking about now. The main focus is the woman and there is so much to fix I say do the best you can and send it back. Sometimes photos are just too far gone. Sorry I'm not more encouraging.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kerbstone

I sent her back to the Gallery for someone else to try Margie (after a bottle of Baileys. LOL) but it was good practice. 

Shadow

Kudos for trying! Is that Baileys over ice or in your coffee?  ;D 

Kerbstone