• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Graduate

Started by Kerbstone, April 19, 2020, 05:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerbstone

Total Newbie with a lot to learn.  Would appreciate any advice on how to improve these images.

Mhayes

Wow! You really picked an easy one, NOT! I think you have done a great job so far. I think on your left I would have her hair flip up like it is on your right and not have it go off the page. I also wonder if you might darken her gown as I would think it would match her cap. At first when I downloaded your 3rd photo that there was a lot of added noise, but considering the shape the original was in; I think you made the right decision. You might try to add a little more definition around her mouth.

:up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kerbstone

Thank you M.  I colored the gown and added to the lips.  I played with the hair but did not want to get too close to the tassel.  Hope this is an improvement. :-\

Kerbstone

kiska

I think her smile is showing teeth...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Kerbstone

?? :)

Shadow

Something I do when I get a good tip like Kiska's - download their example and then overlay it on my work to see the difference. Might be worth a go?

Kerbstone

Thank you Shadow and Kiska.

Kerbstone

Kiska, I played around with curves and levels an although the shape of the mouth was more defined I could not get a result as good as yours so I added your mouth which definitely looks more natural.  What do you think?

kiska

This is the original mouth over the restore. Tried to lighten parts of the skin. What's with the heavy grain?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Kerbstone

I played again on the original with levels and curves and while I got the mouth shape I could not bring out the teeth.  On the positive side I discovered that there is a button just below the right collar at the neck.  I thought the noise gave it more depth and shadow.

Kerbstone

Kerbstone

Think I've found them under the extract component setting.  :)

Mhayes

That looks like its going to be a a great help and better detail on the face.  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Kerbstone

Here's what I've come up with for the newly found smile.  Thank you members for all the help.  :)