• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Family Group

Started by G3User, April 15, 2020, 01:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

I need some advice to finish this one. I will add the children's hands next but I can't decide on the girl's legs or if the man has a beard.

It looks like the girl's left leg can be seen between the front and back of her skirt but it seems too wide. There is a sign of something that might be her right leg but it looks like it is behind the back of her skirt even though the front of her skirt looks to be higher.

Love these problems with female clothing :-\.  Then again it is a nice sunny autumn day, we are healthy but under restriction so if it all gets too hard I might have to sit outside and read a book.

Stay healthy
Athol

kiska

Not sure about the beard, thinking damage. Legs like this?

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

jesterjeni

looks like the man has a gotee and yes to me it looks like the mothers leg

Mhayes

Yes, on the mother's leg and no on a goatee as I spoke with the owner. Make the man clean shaven. The owner was so thrilled to hear we were working on her photos and no rush. She said to tell all of you thanks!
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks everyone. I will make him clean shaven, show both of the woman's legs and a suggestion of the girls legs.

It is a bit different at present, no pressure to complete restorations and plenty of time to work on them. Maybe I have died and gone to heaven Margie ;) ;)

Candice

I, personally, don't see a beard.  I'd leave him without one, too.
Candice

Mhayes

Athol, I'm glad I have made you happy, but please during these stressful times do NOT say: "Maybe I have died and gone to heaven." If that was so, I think it would mean we're all dead, or some of us are communicating from a different place.  >:D  Although you are the one "down under." Enjoy your photo.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Candy, will post the repair shortly.

Margie, you remind me why I have to invert my posts and images before posting

G3User

I think I am there, comments please.

Athol

Mhayes

Athol, I think you have done a great job on this one. The only thing I would change is to work more on the man's face.  I played with it by adding a layer and changing the mode to soft light and checking the box for 50% gray. He still needs a little more work on the left eye, but think the eye on your right now looks better. Are you able to do that with PS Elements? His face is never going to be off not matter what since a lot of detail has been lost. Also, you might want to tweak the man shirt on your left with the 3 crescent like shapes that I think were the folds.

Whoops, forgot to add that the new layer acts like a layer mask. With the foreground white and a soft brush (its opacity and not the layer) at around 30 % you can lighten the features on the man's face.

P.S. Glad to help reminding you to invert.  :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jesterjeni

magic ! you gave  him a nice clean shave!!

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Wow, will do. Originally I thought his shirt folds were fingers, much head scratching

I wonder if there shouldn't be a new classification available for older volunteers. Professor comes to mind

Mhayes

Okay Professor, like something out of Harry Potter.  :cool:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

I would not be so bold, I was thinking of you Oh Wise and Exalted one :wnw: For short you could be referred to as OWaEO, has a nice ring to it

How is this, do I get a pass?