• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photoshop not happy after Windows 10 upgrade

Started by Lynnya, November 07, 2019, 12:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi all.. I'm sure like me you are chomping at the bit for more images.. they'll be here soon I expect.. in the meantime.. I upgraded to Windows 10 and O horrors... my Photoshop CC 2019 refused to comply.  I downloaded latest drivers for my graphics card and put my "preferences" to default and it actually is much better but still sticks and freezes during work.. not able to use it ...I'm sure I'm not the only one and have read a lot of different "fixes" on the net but would like to hear from you guys..
Miss you all and looking forward to seeing you all around the cooler  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Hi Lynn,
This won't help you but...I had a terrible problem when I tried to upgrade to Mojave for Mac (using CC2019 as well).   Had to go through hoops to get rid of it.  I'm ok now but what a pain.    I hope you can find a simple fix.
Mary

kiska

Mac users- I've seen warnings NOT to upgrade to Catalina. A lot of problems with CC2019.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

coopmj

Uh oh, now I'm nervous. I badly need to replace my old Mac desktop. I still use CS6 but was planning to upgrade when I got the new computer. I was hoping to do so in the next few weeks. You may hear screams of frustration from Connecticut!  >:( (I'm also having trouble getting over the monthly CC subscription fee...)

Hannie

Lynn, all I know is that my system (Win10 Pro, CS6) did the sticking/freezing thingy and it turned out to be Windows Defender.  I disabled it and things went back to normal. 
After a couple of Windows Creator updates I decided to enable Windows Defender again and then the same thing happened: Photoshop slowed way down etc.

I have been using MalwareBytes AV (payed version|) since and all runs well.  Perhaps you are running into the same problem?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie.. it's been a trip to say the least but I triumphed.. (I hope) - I ended up uninstalling EVERYTHING adobe except my Adobe CC. Tried reinstalling photoshop 2020  which hung each time.. tried switching off security - nada.. nothing.. So back on line I go.. from an Adobe answer I got this:

Uninstall everything CC included..( with an uninstall link from adobe for C cloud) download adobe cleaner tool (scary.. looks like a dos black screen but not a problem) cleaned everything adobe.. Restart computer. Install the CC desktop app.. then use that to download photoshop 2020 - so far it's worked like a charm.

this is the link to the Adobe Forum I used.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Get-Started/Photoshop-install-stops-at-84/td-p/9899200

I think it's fixed... seems to be running smoothly but you know how it feels when you think there are beasties in your computer messing things up..... :mad:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Hannie

Glad to hear your Photoshop problems are solved Lynn!
I bookmarked the Adobe forum post, could come in handy one day.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]