• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Graduation Day

Started by coopmj, September 18, 2019, 04:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coopmj

Oh my...this one has been a doozy! Above my skill level really.  There's still plenty of clean up to do, especially around the edges and making the color even throughout. My biggest issue is that the original looks as if it's been painted, especially around the eyes which look a little too small for the girl's face.  There's not much shading or contouring on the face so I ended up with a lot of patching, smoothing, patching some more, etc.:D  The coloring isn't right either. All hands on deck for suggestions.  And I seriously would be happy to start from scratch if you think I should.

Mary

Original

WIP

Mhayes

Wow, I think you've done a great job with a really, really bad photo.  I think on the original photo she is looking to the side. Keep this work as one version and then do others where you work with more shading. That will help add depth to her face. You are very brave.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Great job Mary!
Margie's tip will help to make her eyes look more natural.  Also the highlights in her "new" are the wrong way around?

Below is what her eye looks like after I copied the highlights from the other eye and shortened the right outer corner of the eye. (Liquify).

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

coopmj

Thank you!  Hannie, it's amazing that such a little change with the highlights can make such a big difference!  I'll play around with the face shading too.  I guess I wondered how much shading to give her since I don't see very much at all in the original. 

Thanks again!

Mary

coopmj

Sorry for the delay, we were away for a few days.  Here's where I'm at.  All help and suggestions welcome!!

Mary