• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Little brides maid

Started by Lynnya, August 12, 2019, 09:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi guys.. wondering about the skin color on this image.. regular levels adjustment gave them a very icy look.. adjusted the numbers for a better skin tone but is it too much? What can you see please?

reduced the opacity to 60%.. is this better?

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Hi Lynn. I too found this outdoor scene a bit tricky for the skin tones. Hannie's tip helped me so I applied it to the first of your images at the top. Duped the layer and then added Image > Auto Color. If you want, you could tweak it a bit more. See if it helps. Good luck.

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn... I'll try that.. :up:

Lynnya

Hi all.. back at it again.. this is with an auto tone - auto color- and a curves adjust to bring down the white highlights.. what do you think.. no repairs done yet..

Shadow

Hi Lynn. It's almost there. Did a tiny tweak with Curves for the faces and then added a Hue/Sat for the whites. Set my Info palette so you can see the before/after numbers. Know you prefer the CMYK skin method so maybe compare that to this RGB info. Hopefully the color gurus will weigh in. Good luck.  :)

kiska

The girl definitely needs some color. I made a cmyk copy and ran a curves. I have my curves set to: white= 247,247,247. Blacks= 7,7,7. White dropper on the shirt cuff, black near his lapel.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

Lynnya

Great thanks ladies... I'll mess with it.. :up:

Lynnya

hows this.. Nah.. still not right.. I forgot to turn it into cmyk.. I'll redo.. standby for the next installment...

Lynnya

Good morning all..

Can you please take a look and see how this skin color is heading...Thanks..

Hannie

Looks better Lynn, what if you ad a color balance layer and move the cyan some to the right (14) en  the yellow to the left (-6)?  That way it will be closer to Kiska's.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Hannie will try that now..

how's this...

Shadow

Lynnya

Thanks Lyn.. can you take your eagle eyes over this and see what's missing... thanks a bunch..

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]