• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Three friends on the couch

Started by Lynnya, July 17, 2019, 04:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. question is.. is this pattern around the blue flowers on the collar or damage.. or damaged pattern.. I'm thinking it's pattern but would like opinions..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hi gang.. never mind the pattern.. three totally different skin tones!!!  :D  comments please..

Jo Ann Snover

I think yours is very blue. Take a look at this color correction (of the original) which is part getting a neutral gray (from the wall) and part adjusting the blast of flash in the center and shadow falloff around the edges which helps the colors look a bit better

The fact that the three women probably had very different skin tones in real life means I don't think you need uniformity in the image - just something that looks real. See what you think of this color

Jo Ann

Lynnya

Thanks Jo Ann.. looks better.. :up:

Mhayes

Lynn, I agree with Jo Ann about the skin tones and the woman on your far right is a challenge. I couldn't decide if she had a dark sun tan or that was her natural color. For once I did just a Level's Adjustment where I brought in the sliders to correct and did not do a Curves Adjustment. I also agree about the flash in the center and the fallout, but kept wondering if the wall was a neutral gray or a light blue. When I did the Level's Adjustment, the color stayed consistent throughout. I also wondered if the pinkish cast on the wall was a case of the flash bouncing off the woman's pink blouse.  I left the woman's skin tone color alone on the right, but really wanted it a little lighter, so added a new layer with the mode set to "soft light" and checked the box for: "Fill with soft light-neutral color (50% gray). I took a soft brush and a low opacity with foreground set to white and brushed over parts of her face to lighten.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie.. I did adjust it and sent it in and it was accepted but can do more on it and resend..OK I messed with it some ... how's this..lightened the woman on the left a little..

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Thanks Margie I'll resend them in  :up:

Shadow

Looks lovely on our wee screen Lynn. 🤗 👍

Lynnya