• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

On the playground

Started by Shadow, July 17, 2019, 12:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hi. This had so much yellow ... does this color work? Any suggestions to make it better? Thanks.

Jo Ann Snover

Your WIP is clearly much better than the original, but I think it's still very yellow. There's also a white line on two edges (you might ask your distributor if you should clone or crop or enlarge the image to eliminate it)

I took the original and color corrected it - two adjustment layers, one masked just for the lower parts which seem to have a stain or additional damage making it more yellow that the other parts of the image. Even accounting for the sunlit grass, I think there's yellow damage on the lower areas.

See what you think of this color:

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Shadow, I agree about still being too much yellow. The problem is the damage that won't let you color correct like you would normally. It appears the sun is shinning in the boy's faces, but the ground around them should have some grass and in the parts around the tires could be brown, but not yellow. I tried do a quick & dirty to color over the yellow and even mixing colors. The areas that are really blown out won't work doing this, so I would  where the white line and over blown areas to borrow some grass and then you can adjust the shading. What I have at the bottom is too bright, but you get the idea.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow

Many thanks Margie and Jo Ann! You confirmed what I was thinking and gave me a roadmap to fix it.  :hug:

Lynnya

You'll get there my friend.. always harder than they look hey? It'll be lovely  :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Aye, lassie. They are never as easy as they look. Thank goodness for the forum!  ^-^

Can you tell I'm reading a book set in Scotland? We've been lassie this and laddie that. What a lovely language. And we're wondering about those kilts as well!  :funny:

Lynnya

My dad had a kilt.. I could hardly lift it.. as far as I know that was the only garment worn apart from a shirt and jacket.. if you get my meaning.... :funny:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

There are socks needed as well :)

Jo Ann

Shadow

Funny Lynn. And Jo Ann ... those sock and the shoe laces!
This is where we are.

Jo Ann Snover

I really like how that looks (the playground that is; although Sean Connery's a pleasant-enough view too :) )
Jo Ann

Shadow

Thanks Jo Ann. And totally agree about Sir Sean  :cool:

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Occasionally cats are worn with kilts.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator