• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Adobe Application support

Started by kiska, July 02, 2019, 02:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiska

I keep getting this on my mac os10. I have ps5 and 6. Tried to get into the Adobe forums with no luck...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Kiska, are you running 32bit or 64bit Photoshop?

You may need to upgrade your 32-bit versions to 64 bit.

What happens when you click OK, does the pop up go away and can you use Photoshop?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Probably 32 but where would I find that?
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

Photoshop's been working fine. If I read the link right, it's ok to keep 32 bit.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: kiska on July 02, 2019, 03:08:10 PM
Photoshop's been working fine. If I read the link right, it's ok to keep 32 bit.

I'm still using Photoshop CS6 and although it isn't officially supported, you'll be OK for a while. You will get those annoying messages every 30 days though in Mohave (10.14). I'm holding off switching to the subscription as long as possible...

There are a number of quirks I've experienced, but nothing that stops me from getting work done. An example is that with a dual monitor setup, sometimes the keyboard equivalents in Photoshop appear not to work. They do work but Photoshop gets muddled about where the input focus is and I have to click on the window frame (the window in which I've been busy working) so it knows where to apply the keystroke.
Jo Ann

Mhayes

I'm still using CS5 and am afraid of the day I have to upgrade which may mean a new computer as well. Or the computer dies and it forces my hand to upgrade. Part of the reason for staying with CS5 was being comfortable with it.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, I use CS6 together with the latest Windows version and I see no reason why I should need the subscription version of PS.
I believe the same goes for CS5.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hannie, have you had any issues with PS and Win 10? Know someone who has to update their computer and they were wondering how well the two play together. Any tips?

Hannie

Shadow, PS6 works well with Windows 10. 
Last year I had an issue with Windows Defender, it suddenly slowed down PS really badly.  After I disabled Defender everything went back to normal. 
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Thanks Hannie. I'll pass that on. My friend will be so happy.