• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Ausimax's Workshop

Started by Ausimax, March 16, 2007, 08:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tess (Tassie D)

I know I'm only a newbie here but would it look better with a smaller pumpkin in front of those tall ones on the left as I look at the pic, the girl's right, to give a bit more perspective?
It's very hard to tell on the original in that area.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Hi Max

I've studied this, and what's most apparent to me is that her legs seem out of proportion.  The left leg as we look at her appears a bit too thin.  I also think she's sitting on a slightly raised platform, but that the "carpet" is a consistent color except for the shadowed areas.

What really has me going crazy is that it almost looks as if her legs are crossed at the ankle and the dark area by her left leg could be a foot.  Then I think the proportions might be wrong for that to be the case.  Then I think it's a foot...  then I think it couldn't be...

Kiska, you're right, the blurring of the leaves would help blend them in better.

Otherwise, my upside-down friend, I think she's up to your usual fine standards. (And what an adorable "Pumpkin" she is!)

Hugs,

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

cmpentecost

Hey Max,

I tend to agree with Tassie D on the size of the pumpkins on the left.  Do you think that perhaps there is a bale of straw and a smaller pumpkin on top, and then one other fatter one in front?  I know we can't tell if there is a bale of straw (at least that's was us country folk do around here, is put bales of straw next to pumpkins!), but that might lend to the idea of the smaller pumpkin behind her right shoulder (our left), and then one fatter pumpkin in front.  I've never really seen a tall skinny pumpkin before.

Anyway, that's my thoughts!

Christine

Ausimax

Hi gang,

This is what I will be sending home, bowing to popular request I have put in smaller pumpkins, that however highlights the problem I had from the beginning, I have not been able to find pumpkins that look like those in the photo, I trolled through over a thousand pumpkin photos on stock photo sites looking for a match.

That said I think the focus of the photo is the girl and hopefully the pumpkins will pass muster, thank you all for your input and suggestions.

Max

Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Tess (Tassie D)

Thats absolutely beautiful Max. I'm sure the family will love it.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

glennab

Pumpkins & leaves and precious child, oh my.  You are a master, Max.  She looks wonderful.  The leaves blend beautifully, and the smaller pumpkins work well.  I want to be like you when I grow up.  (if???)

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Wonderful restoration Max!!! Well done!

klassylady25

I see two small spots... does that make me a party pooper?  One - upper right hand area... small brown spot close to the pumpkins and secondly  - the area between the little girls crossed legs is smooth... the rest of the area around her  is textured rug or something.  Just an observation.

The colors have come along swimmingly and the leaves look so much better now.  Great work!!!   ;)