• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple's Pose

Started by Candice, June 12, 2019, 01:07:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Margie, I have a question, or perhaps Bambi can find out.  Did this man have only 1 leg and did he use a wheelchair? 

Candice

Mhayes

That's right Lynn, Hannie had a mask on trying to impersonate me. I know i should not have pulled her chain when I was going to be out of town for 3 days and forgot my password to the Forum.  :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

For what it's worth... I'm still piddling with this old picture.

I'm just starting to work on his face... a little.  Still not sure of his position, but it better than where it was. And I have to rebuild his shoulder area.  I have it skinnier than the original.
Candice

Shadow

Look forward to seeing your magic on this one. Good luck.  :)

Candice

I may need magic to get this one done... However, it's up for grabs if you want to try, Lyn.

Candice

Shadow

:funny:   funny, funny Candy. Think we'll just watch you!

Candice

Sent this one home.  Not my finest work, but to much clean up made it look fake.  Maybe it will be passed on to someone more gifted. *Note to self ~ time to destroy the mucker-upper machine!!  :knuppel:

Candice

Mhayes

Candy, you gave it your best shot  :up: and I agree that more clean up would make it look fake. I think this might have been a tin type image. Change you note to self: See another one like this--run as fast as you can the other way.  :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

:up2:  Great advice, Margie!
Candice

Shadow

Candy you are so brave. Wonderful effort!

Candice

It's frustrating when I can't get the picture to come out like I see it but even more so when the information just isn't there.  My husband's family lost many photos during Hurricane Betsy, 1965, New Orleans.  I can still hear the heartbreak in his mother's voice as she relayed the story of that day.  That is why I try so hard bring a pictures back.  Technology has allowed us the ability to return what, in the past, was once lost. However, without OPR and our volunteers, these pictures would be gone forever.
:loveit:
Candice

Hannie

Well spoken Candy.  :loveit:

You did a great job and the owner will be very happy!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

I agree with Hannie, the family will be really happy.

I will see if I can get any history on the fellow. Had to laugh as wasn't sure if Shadow was laughing at my earlier reply or you question about having 1 leg.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]