• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

B&G with friends

Started by Marydh, June 01, 2019, 05:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi everyone,
Please look at this and see if I missed anything. 
I've looked at a number of pictures and it appears that the suits are a very dark brown but could pass as black.
Thanks a bunch.
Mary

Shadow

Hi Mary, coming along nicely! Think there's still damage on the wedding dress. Maybe give it another look and even things out some more. Maybe sharpen up the soft edges around the men's pants as well. Look forward to the final.

Marydh

Hi Shadow.  Well that's very odd.   I just looked at the picture I posted and I see all the white blotches.   My picture on PS cc doesn't show that unless I look at it in multiply mode.   I don't know how that happened but I'll try to fix it.
Thanks for picking that up.

Marydh

I am very dazed and confused.  I redid the dress.....cloning, healing and pasting a new top.  But when I change the blending mode to multiply it still shows the damage like before.  What am I doing wrong?  Regardless, I hope this one is ok.
On another note, when I go to Galleries Photoshelter I don't see anything of Bambi's.  I see 2 for Tess and 13 for Jonas but that's it.  Am I going Nutsikoo?

Mhayes

Mary, great job and I see what you mean about the damage. I use Multiply when I want to darken something and if there is damage underneath I don't think it will conceal. My thought would be to borrow sections of the good side, put on its own layer and then transform horizontal. Then a layer mask and paint in what look good. Maybe it is just me, but I would lighten the bottom gray of the gown just a tad. What I've done with the top isn't great, but you'll get the idea. Otherwise very nice.

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Lynnya

Mary nice job! I've booked us a room at the mental health spa for two nights of therapy and wine... :up:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Thank you Lynn!  Perfect!

Marydh

Margie I agree.  I'll lighten the bottom of the gown a tad.  Going to take another look at the groom's face.  There's something a bit off.  Then it will go to Bambi.
Thanks.

Lynnya

Mary, Jo Ann and Shadow will be joining us at the Healing Wine Spa... can you bring cheese and crackers please?

Shadow

Beautiful Mary. Lightening that dark shadow will put it over the top.
Instead of a mental ward I suggest we all head down to Lake Austin Spa for our recovery.  ::)  Plenty of pampering, good food, good drink and Mother Nature. We'll be ready for our next one in no time.

See, they even have a place for us on the dock.  :funny:

Jo Ann Snover

Ha! I used to live just up the road from them (in Steiner Ranch, before it got so huge). I never made it to the spa (had a very young child at the time) but this is the wrong time of year to head to Austin (winter months are gorgeous).

I like the idea of somewhere on the water a lot - dangling one's feet over the end of a dock sounds like heaven!
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Sounds Perfect.. I'm in!! :up: :up:

Marydh

One more time.  I lightened up the bottom of the gown and redid the groom's face.
Better?

Shadow

See how this looks to you. Real quick. Added a new layer, sampled the dress color and then painted in Normal mode about 50% opacity. Then changed layer mode to Overlay and reduced the opacity. Adjust it so it looks good to you.
By the way, ck the bride's bodice ... maybe so bright spots?

Marydh

Shadow I tried your suggestion and all it did was make it a brighter white.  I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish. I don't see bright spots on bodice.  It all just looks white to me.