• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Building Repairs -09, 10, 11

Started by Candice, May 08, 2019, 10:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Caldwell 09

I've managed to correct most of the buildings and now am working on shadow/highlights.  There are two more in this set that I will work on.  I'd love to know where these buildings were.  I love the gazebo and little church nestled in the highrises.

Candice

Shadow

Very nice Candy. Look forward to seeing the other pics as well.  :up:

Jo Ann Snover

This is Houston, Texas. The Spindletop restaurant is on top of the Hyatt Regency hotel. Looking at Google Street View led me to St John's Church in Sam Houston park. The gazebo bandstand is in the same park.

It's a shame these are threatened by lack of funding to maintain them...

Jo Ann

Candice

You're ahead of me Jo.  Thank you.  Love the links. 

I couldn't agree more it is a shame these are threatened by lack of funding to maintain them.  We lose so much of our history to "progress".
Candice

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on May 08, 2019, 11:30:31 AM
Very nice Candy. Look forward to seeing the other pics as well.  :up:
:hug:
Candice

Candice

Building 10 ~

Candice

Candice

Building 11 ~  I have just started the clean up.

Candice

Mhayes

Candy, looking really good. I'm not sure that the sky at the top is that dark as much as I think it was from dirty flood water.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I don't think so either, Margie.  I have a long way to go.    lol   
Candice

Candice

Building ~ 11

Just a start....

Candice

Marydh

These look really good Candice.

Candice

Thank you, Mary.  Building 11 is still a WIP.  I worked on the sky before I went out to mow.  Lots of small damage.  Ick!!  However I love the church and the reminder of days gone by.
Candice

Candice

A little more to go.

Candice

Shadow

Really coming along Candy. You probably already saw this ... the church's boards are different than the original. Look forward to the final!

Candice

It's a good catch, Shadow.  I can't wait to get out all the scratches so I can start overlaying and looking for the little details like you shared. 
Candice