• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Thingy at the top

Started by Marydh, April 20, 2019, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi all.  Just starting on this one.  I can't figure out what is on the top left (circled).  Damage?  Part damage?
Could use your eagle eyes.  Thanks, Mary

Lynnya

Looks like damage to me Mary. Like mould or something.
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

If you look in the blue channel it has a very well defined shape. I wonder if it's the dark woodwork as part of the staircase railing? On the other side is a curved dark rail so it doesn't match that. However you can see the newel post on the right which you can't on the left, so it may be an extension of the hand rail.

Perhaps I can find some staircase pictures showing this type of arrangement that may help - if I can, I'll post a picture
Jo Ann

Marydh

Yeah, Jo Ann.   That's the only thing that makes sense.  It looks like there's a hall or steps going up in back to the left so an arm rail would be nice.  I think that's what I'll go with.  Thanks!

Jo Ann Snover

I couldn't find any pictures for a T staircase that matched this picture, but if you look at the outlines I drew I think it's an asymmetrical landing and the hand rail is on the back wall. Edited to add the image which for some reason didn't make it into the post!

Jo Ann

Candice

It probably it a hand railing on the back wall however, is it one of those thing that could be omitted.  Might be worth asking your distributor.
Candice