• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Lovely Woman II

Started by Candice, April 17, 2019, 11:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Just started working on the background.  These must have been the "before the wedding" pictures.

Candice

Shadow

You're off to a great start. What a fun picture to work on!

Candice

She just had a nature beauty.  No doubt there.
Candice

Jo Ann Snover

This woman is stunning!

Looking at your updated version (you posted in the Lovely Woman thread) I really noticed the reduced shadows in the restore. With this type of studio portrait, there was a lot of shaping of the face with shadows. I added a layer with some painted back in over your restore to give an idea

Looking at the background on the top right, I think there's a very light gauzy fabric backdrop with some folds - in other words I don't think that's damage.

See what you think
Jo Ann

Candice

Thank you for your suggestions, Jo. You're ahead of me today.  I had a few other things to do in the home and put it away until I got a few things done.

I'll post my WIP in a bit.
Candice

Candice

WIP ~ Did a few more tweaks tonight. I do believe she's close to going home.

Candice

Shadow

Another good one Candy! Maybe a couple little spots in her hair?

Candice

Quote from: Shadow on April 19, 2019, 04:52:47 AM
Another good one Candy! Maybe a couple little spots in her hair?
If you're talking about the light on top of her head, I'm not filling that in.  It's part of the original.  If not.... where else, Shadow.
Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Only remaining things I notice are a very sharp sleeve edge that I think would look better softened; her underneath pinkie is bent down at the knuckle in the original but is straight in the WIP; some of the shadows (such as beside her mouth on her cheek on the left of the photo) need a little more blending at the edges
Jo Ann

Candice

I went back and forth quite a bit last night and the glimmer of her polish is spot on with the original and WIP, Jo.  I'll take a last look on the shadows and sleeve and the pinky on the other hand. 

How about now?

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann

Candice

Thanks, Jo.  I have a few more shaddows to bring out and then I'm sending her home.  Time to stop procrastinating and head to the grocery store.   :)
Candice

Lynnya

Great Job Candy  :up:.. can you pick me up a pint of milk while you are there please...
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Dang!  Didn't see your message, Lynn, until now!  Next time?   :loveit:
Candice

Candice

Here's the final.  She's heading home!  Thank you all for your help.

Candice