• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Dancing the night away

Started by Marydh, March 19, 2019, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Marydh

Jo Ann Snover

Very belatedly finished up (I hope; we'll see if Bambi agrees) my image of this couple's wedding. The original is earlier in this post, so here's the one I submitted and a blue channel with outlines for reference

I'm not entirely happy with the background details, but am running out of steam (so to speak). I knew the damage was significant, but sometimes even the seemly simple things - like the perspective on the floor tiles, which were also of varied colors and textures - became very time consuming. Aunt Annie and her husband wouldn't have been possible without the other image Mary was working on!

If anyone notices anything I missed, let me know, and I'll post again if Bambi asks for fixes.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

Hi Jo Ann.. wow look at that floor.. amazing! to me, the background people look and little "painted" and the guy sitting in blue his hands are a bit false looking.. I'm wondering if a good dose of noise would help the background look more believable.. just a thought.. the dancing couple look wonderful.

Jo Ann Snover

I agree that the background people are weak. I redid the guy's hands, added some noise and darkened some areas (to try and de-emphasize them a little) See if you think this is better

Jo Ann

Lynnya

The hand is definitely better - I think his face is a tad too dark maybe now but the rest of him looks good..what say you..

Jo Ann Snover

I'm at the point I'm not sure I can judge well - because I just want this picture to be done!! I love the image, but have lost objectivity :)

I've sent this to Bambi and will let her guide me on what to do - don't want to get into that rut where you end up making things worse because you're more focused on being finished than the work in front of you (and by you, I mean me!)

Thanks for the feedback.
Jo Ann

Lynnya

I totally feel your pain.. it's a great restore  :cool:

Jo Ann Snover

Jo Ann