• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Dancing the night away

Started by Marydh, March 19, 2019, 05:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Glad it helped out as I was afraid I wasn't going to hear back. BTW, I sent this link to the owner to see what you all were accomplishing. It was on my email to her and more than once when an owner sees the teamwork that goes into restoring their photo--they are impressed.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jo Ann Snover

Not sure where you are with your restore, but I'm still working on mine.

I thought I'd post a WIP so we can make these two shots look right together. I was able to use elements from your photo to restore parts of mine - I don't think you'll be able to do the same thing, but let me know if you want something :) Some parts are just painted in (like the musician's sleeve) as I haven't done that element yet.

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Looking good and nice to know about the pink ribbing on the lower part of the dress.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Marydh

Hi Jo Ann,
So glad to hear you are still working on yours. 
I  could use some help on the tux.  I'm fairly sure he has a vest on but not sure where the bottom part is.
ALSO, those hands!  (the man and bride).
I actually used her hair in your pic.  Hope that was ok.
Ha! I just realized what that thing on the right is...a guitar! And that it's in front of her (I don't know how I missed that.   Hopefully I would have caught it later.)
I love both our pictures.  They look so in love, so beautiful.

Shadow

Both of you are so brave. Good luck!  :)

Jo Ann Snover

It's funny - I used the tux from your picture to repair mine!

I'm not sure about the vest, but I think it's a cutaway coat, like this one

https://menstuxedousa.com/collections/tail-cutaway-tuxedos/products/suits-157

I think I have an idea of Aunt Annie's husband's hand from the blue channel. Let me draw some outlines and see if I can find a picture with the same hand hold.

I think the instrument may be a ukulele as it has only four keys not six, but all we can see is the back so it doesn't matter except to get the bride's hair behind it :)
Jo Ann

Marydh

I wish we could you poetic license and keep her hair in front of the stringed instrument 🤓.
Any help on the hand would be greatly appreciated.  Everytime I look for a specific body part in a specific pose to go by, I can't find anything.  (By the way, have you ever looked at the images when you google men's noses?  Not a pretty sight.)

Jo Ann Snover

Here are some hands that are in a similar pose - you'll need to flip this to put the man on the other side

https://st3.depositphotos.com/2633593/16377/i/1600/depositphotos_163774702-stock-photo-love-romantic-couple-holding-hands.jpg

Here are some outlines, made over the blue channel and then overlaid on your WIP

The man, I think, has his thumb pointing up, covering part of the bride's outstretched fingers, his index finger straight out and then has curled the rest of his fingers under the bride's hand. You can only see her thumb and parts of two fingers.

I think there is a vest with two lower points just about visible where they overlap his trousers. I don't see any vest parts visible higher up; just the jacket lapels. That is plausible as there are very low cut vests that are supposed not to show  except at the waist.
Jo Ann

Jo Ann Snover

And no, I've never googled "men's noses" - sounds like something that would give you unforgettable views of things you never should have seen!!

Jo Ann

coopmj

Just popping in to say you're both doing an amazing job on these!  :up:

Marydh

Jo Ann, I just saw your post about the hands.  Thank you!

Marydh

Well, gosh I hope I did these people justice.  One of my favorite pictures.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks,  Mary

Shadow

Wow Mary. Beautiful cleanup! Tiny little thing ... on the pole thing behind the  bride, maybe soften the light colored line? See what you think. The family is going to be thrilled with your restore!  :up:

Marydh

Gotcha....will do.  Thanks Shadow. 

Mhayes

Wow! Great job and great tips.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]