• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Eating treats

Started by Marydh, January 23, 2019, 02:23:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi Everyone.   Would like any tips you have for hair, ear, shadows or anything else.
Thanks,
Mary

Jo Ann Snover

You've done a great job with this one. The only suggestions are very small details, mainly to do with shadows and edge softness.

The perspective on the wallpaper changed slightly in repair, but I think you should leave it as you'd only notice if you were doing what I was doing - switching to and from the original to "spot the differences"

The original was shot with a flash and has very hard-edged dark shadows. On the blue-masked boy, the original shadow follows his mask contours more - juts out and then curves back at the top.

The shadow on inside edge of the high chair tray on the left side is darker in the orignal

The blue shirt where it meets the wall needs to have a softer edge as the focus falls off gradually. Same with that boy's ear and hair where it's against the wallpaper.

The shadow on the top of the hair of the blue-mask boy isn't as dark as I think it was in the original. And the hair is a bit too sharp - would be a bit fuzzier like the black-mask boy's.

The little boy's sock, where it's sticking out beyond the tray should only cover the white tray edge with his toes - the rounded part. You have a straight part of the sock, where it's over the top of his foot, that is covering the white plastic and I don't think a foot could do that maneuver :)

The blue shirt boy's ear just needs a little more shadow in the creases, but otherwise looks good (with the softer edge noted above)

I think we're in the era of harvest gold and avocado, but I think the image is a tiny bit darker and yellow-green ish. Very slight.

I wonder at the story behind the masks. No Halloween costumes - Mardi Gras perhaps? A mask-cookie-ice cream holiday :)
Jo Ann

Marydh

Thanks so much Jo Ann.  Such detail.  I know that took a lot of time and I appreciate it.  I'll try out all your suggestions then send them on.
Thanks again,
Mary