• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

On the runway

Started by Shadow, January 22, 2019, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Here's a fun one. Whatcha' see gang?  :cool:  Final?

Mhayes

Shadow, I think it looks good and I like that you have kept the look of the original photo.  :up:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Thank you lovely ladies! Wondered if this pic was taken at Davis Monthan AFB. We were there in there early 70's. They have a place called the aircraft boneyard where all the old planes and stuff are kept. Cool place.

Hannie

I was wondering the same Shadow, I went there years ago and could not remember the name.  Thank you!
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

These pictures always make me happy and sad.  I'm working on the platoon out of Des Moines Training Center.  You did a lovely job on the restoration, Shadow.
Candice

Shadow

Thanks Candy. Look forward to seeing the platoon.

Candice

It'll be a while, Shadow.  There is a lot of water drop damage. (did not post full size) I am enjoying working on it though.   :loveit:

Candice

Lynnya

Oh wow Candy... what a great image!! :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Candice

Quote from: Lynnya on January 28, 2019, 04:19:39 PM
Oh wow Candy... what a great image!! :loveit:

I could not agree with your more, Lynn.  I'll start a new post when I'm ready to share my WIP.  I'm not to that point yet. However, I believe I have been able to make out the script at the bottom.

It is as follows ~
Company 7, 3rd Reg., First VAC Training Center, Fort Des Moines, Iowa - 24 July 1944
Mildred V Dupree, Commanding Officer - Lt. Ikalina M Moore, Second in Command
Lt. Gladys W Gould, Supply and Recreational Officer - Lt. Gussye D Steward, Platoon Commander
Candice

Mhayes

I love this photo Candy and your notes about it. Would be interesting to hear more from the family. Can't wait to see your work in progress.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]