• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hey John! Cool Updates!

Started by OPRAng, March 07, 2007, 09:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RosyBijou

Every time I log on, there's a change!  Today's kind of been like game I play with my little one --  look closely and try to see what's different from the last time I looked...!   Absolutely awesome!

(Kenny--I'm still laughing... )
Kerry
(aka RosyBijou)

Ausimax

John,

I like your updates, jazzes the site up no end, one suggestion, next time you are playing around with the site, how about a button to take us to the OPR Main website, would save old codgers like me having to remember where I bookmarked it all the time, you have to show due regard for the elderly. :funny:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Ziaphra

Hi John...as I said before I love the updates you have done...however (there is always one isn't there?), I don't like the latest one with all the names at the top. Take my criticism with a pinch of salt, if it stays, it stays and I will deal with it. ;)

John

Quote from: Ziaphra on March 13, 2007, 11:26:48 AM
Hi John...as I said before I love the updates you have done...however (there is always one isn't there?), I don't like the latest one with all the names at the top. Take my criticism with a pinch of salt, if it stays, it stays and I will deal with it. ;)

I knew there would be a stickler... lol.

I added a little arrow on the far end of it... you should be able to click that to hide it.  Is that a fair compromise?

John

Quote from: John on March 13, 2007, 11:35:53 AM
Quote from: Ziaphra on March 13, 2007, 11:26:48 AM

I knew there would be a stickler... lol.

I added a little arrow on the far end of it... you should be able to click that to hide it.  Is that a fair compromise?

also note that there is a little '-' symbol in the very upper right hand corner of the screen above the banner.  Clicking that will toggle on/off the left column.  So if you want the forum just to be a forum, you can control that.

Ziaphra

You are a honey...I like the side column though. ;)

melrcomp

- Mel

kstruve

I kinda like the banner for most active members.  How does it work, John?

John

Quote from: kstruve on March 13, 2007, 07:48:12 PM

I kinda like the banner for most active members.  How does it work, John?

It looks at the 100 most recent posts in the forum and counts the number of posts within that 100 for each poster. It then prints out the posters' names in random order with the size of the font dependent on the number of posts for that poster. The fun thing is that the "cloud" will change from day to day or even hour to hour.  The idea is that it will encourage people to post so that they can see their names in the cloud.  We don't pay much to our volunteers, but I thought this was a nice public pat on the back.

Ausimax

Ya,ya,ya, my names BIGGER than yours Kurt. :funny:

We are going to have to work hard to beat Glenna. :wnw:

Or else make a lot of meaningless posts  like this. :D

Nice work John it all adds to the community character of the site. :up:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Oh Max!

In this one respect you'll be hard pressed to catch up.  As I'm often reminded at work (and at home), if there's an opinion to be had, I'll be glad to share mine!  Besides which, I love the language, I wanted to be a journalist, and I love you guys, so I have to be in touch as often as I can.  But keep trying.  It just means we'll have more activity on the forum.  I can't get over the fact that in the last 3 or 4 days we've had 7 to 11 people on the forum, most of them guests, any time I've logged on.  That's awesome!

Have a most wonderful day!

Glenna
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)