• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Another color challenge

Started by Lynnya, December 13, 2018, 09:10:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynnya

Hi gang.. here we go again.. I've put this in "easy" ... famous last words lol...color correction on skin etc only...Ran it through FFT filter to get rid of pattern..comments and suggestions welcome.. thanks in advance.. think I'm gonna need it..

never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Yep. Another challenge indeed.  ;)  The colors seem off to me? Hopefully the color gurus will be on soon with suggestions. Good luck. Know it'll be another good one!

Lynnya

ok.. This is what I get when I do a levels adjustment in RGB and an auto Curves adjust and then a neutral gray point in curves.. It's a starting point but it looks like I'm going to have to adjust each person's skin tone separately as they are all so different.. what do you guys think..

Shadow

Candice

Have you tried dragging over the color correction layer that you did with the other picture onto this one? 
Candice

Lynnya

Yes I did actually Candy... colors still come out looking horrible.. need some color gurus here... :crazy:

I know you can't always depend on the numbers but you'd think they would give you a start.. these numbers are for the young woman in the middle.. I did her separately..not even close..

Shadow

What a tough one Lynn! Hang in there. You'll get it.  ^-^

Jo Ann Snover

I think you are getting close - what makes you think you're not? If you look at sample 5 in the young woman's forehead you have cyan at about 1/3 of magenta and yellow (and 1/3 to 1/5 is the numerical "target") - not to mention it looks decent.

Take a look at some of the "targets" by skin color (and I know there's a bazillion of these, but...)

Above all it needs to look right (although this studio setup looks really odd - I think they had them so close to the backdrop it highlighted the fact that they weren't outside by a beach at sunset :) ), and I think you're now in the ballpark
Jo Ann

Candice

Shadow, I see from time to time, on Instagram, a gal that loves owls.  This reminds me of one of her posts.  lol
Candice

Candice

Lynna, it was worth a shot.  Not a one of us in here that hasn't tried doing little trick.   Now you know why I love B/W.  lol   This is a doozy for color but no fear, you'll get it!
Candice

Hannie

Lynn, I agree with Jo Ann that your colors do not look so bad.

This little trick sometimes works when colors seem off:

- merge layers
- Filter->Blur->Average Blur
- Image->Adjustments->Invert
- change layer mode to Overlay

Play with the opacity if needed.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

This version is with Hannie's tip.. comments please..

kiska

Way too blue. You can tell by the border. On the cmyk, I added a little yellow, magenta. Reduced the cyan. Still needs some tweaking. Maybe a color layer.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Lynnya

Hannie

Lynn, I think I like your first WIP colors the best.  Like Kiska said you may need a color layer to repair some of the blotchy colors.

Did an auto Tone and Color and then brought out some of the yellow in the sky, blue in the boys' jeans and reds in his shirt and grandma's dress.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]