• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photoshop slow

Started by Hannie, November 21, 2018, 11:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Hi everyone,

It seems like lately Photoshop does not like Windows Defender Real time protection, CS6 works like molasses running up a hill. 
I never had this problem before, but just out of the blue CS6 only wants to work well when I disable the Windows Defender Real time protection.  I also use MalwareBytes (paid version), there are no issues there.

I wonder if there is anyone else that has the same problem and, even better, found a fix!

My computer has ample memory/processor/dedicated scratch disk, tried various things like disabling thumbnails in layers, graphics processor etc. but that made no difference.

On top of that every time I restart the computer, Windows defender enables itself again and I'm back where I was before.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Last week Windows started pushing out updates. I hit a few snags and I use CS4.  Be patient, Hannie, I'm sure they'll mess up more.  ^-^
Candice

Tess (Tassie D)

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Lol Candy, I'm sure they will!

Tess, thanks for the link, it looks very interesting and will definitely try the fix suggestion at the bottom of the article.  I can't use Photoshop the way it is now...

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Shadow

Hi Hannie. Did you get PS back to full speed?

Hannie

Shadow, the suggested fix in the article worries me as it sounds like my system would be more vulnerable to viruses etc.
Still struggling with Photoshop but have been too busy to really dig in to it.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]