• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Saving Tips

Started by Marydh, November 04, 2018, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marydh

Hi All. 
I've been wondering about the easiest way to keep all the good info that's been posted on the forum.  Candice, I think you mentioned something about documents.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 
Thanks,
Mary

Candice

I use a program, it's free, that's called XNView.  I do a lot of screenshots and save them to folders.
Candice

Shadow

Hi Mary, like Candy I do plenty of screenshots of tips and videos and save them to a folder on my computer. Also use bookmarks to pages and/or links that have gems I think I'll use in the future. The trick for me is labeling the bookmarks so they will make sense to me down the road.

Lynnya

I have a really good method - I lose mine and ask Shadow... :funny:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Candice

Lynn!!!    :funny:   :hug:
Candice

Marydh

You girls are too  funny.  Yeah, I was thinking screenshots.  Candice I'll check out XNView.
Thanks,
Mary

kiska

Screenshot on a mac is shift+command+4
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Marydh

Thanks Kiska.  Yeah I knew about that but I was hoping I could copy then paste into a document folder on my Mac instead of screenshots.

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Marydh on November 05, 2018, 12:42:01 PM
Thanks Kiska.  Yeah I knew about that but I was hoping I could copy then paste into a document folder on my Mac instead of screenshots.

With something on the clipboard, you can use Preview on the Mac to save it as a document. Just select "New from clipboard" from the File menu. In the Save dialog, you can select JPG (the default is PNG which is larger and may not be as convenient , depending on how your stuff is organized.
Jo Ann

kiska

OR you can double click the name and change to a jpg...

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Shadow

You gals got me wondering about Windows ... here's a nice summary of the different ways to do screenshots for win 7 - 10.   https://www.lifewire.com/take-screenshot-windows-7-8-10-4049964

Marydh

Thanks everyone.  I got it.