• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PPeters Photo

Started by Alvo, October 29, 2018, 04:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Alvo on November 26, 2018, 12:33:16 PM
...I am not sure how the grey splotches got in the face, is this something from the clone tool??

I don't know, but if I had to guess, I'd say you used the healing brush and caught a bit of color you didn't mean to that, blended with the skin, made gray. Anywhere near edges or color transitions, you have to be very careful with the healing brush to avoid unwanted color blending.

It sounds contradictory, but I find a combination of looking in great magnification (200% or higher) and zooming out and defocusing the eyes works well. You can see different things each way and it helps you spot anomalies. Also flipping between your current state and the original - anything that moves when you flip, is something to check out.
Jo Ann

Hannie

Alvo, maybe this will help:

in areas where Spot Healing brush does not give satisfactory results try using the Lasso tool and select the area you want to heal.
Then go to Edit-> Fill-> Contents-> Content Aware and then click OK.

You will find that this will give you a much better result, it blends in very nicely without unwanted color changes or spots.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Alvo

Thanks, I will have to give that a try. I have never thought of using content aware fill like that before. I appreciate your comment.
Alvin Herron

Alvo

Thanks Hannah for the Content Aware tip. Jo Ann, on the color mode. my working space is set for Adobe 1998, when I open a pic it ask if I want to use the imbedded profile or change it to Adobe 1998. I must have checked the wrong box by mistake, make sure I have it changed back. Hoping this one can go to the Distributer.

Alvin Herron

Jo Ann Snover

You can change your Photoshop settings to make things smoother - I have it alert me to an image that has no profile attached, but to honor any embedded profile without asking. For images with profiles embedded, you can use Convert to Profile (not Assign) at any time to change if you see a reason to.

This version looks much better.  Send it to your distributor for a final check - best for them to do that versus the forum.
Jo Ann

Alvo

YEAAAAA!! The Photo was approved, thank you for your help, Jo Ann and Hannie..
Alvin Herron

Jo Ann Snover

Good job - you've conquered stripes!!
Jo Ann

Mhayes

QuoteGood job - you've conquered stripes!!
Not a small accomplishment.  :)
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Shadow