• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Reynolds Photo

Started by Alvo, October 17, 2018, 04:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alvo

Alvin Herron

Jo Ann Snover

That's much better :)

The baby's scalp is still artificially dark and doesn't look right. Look at this baby picture as an example of how the skin is the same color on forehead and scalp in a newborn
Jo Ann

Alvo

I see, I will work on it some more in the morning, Thanks, Good night
Alvin Herron

Alvo

Decided to go ahead and give it a Try, How is this?

Alvin Herron

Alvo

I am still trying to figure out how I missed that white balance so bad. I loaded original back in PS and corrected white balance like I have been taught and got this.

I have been doing it the way Jesus Ramirez (Adobe Instructer) Teaches in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-W44JJToG8

Alvin Herron

Hannie

Alvin, the reds in the shades can also be lessened some by desaturation locally.  Newborns are usually a little reddish.

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Alvo

OK, Are you talking about using the sponge tool? Thanks
Alvin Herron

Alvo

I desaturated at 20& with the sponge tool..To much or better?

Alvin Herron

Shadow

Looking good. Thanks for sharing your work Alvin. And thanks Jo Ann for sharing your process. Enjoy learning how others tackle tricky restorations.  :)

Alvo

I applied some color corrections I just learned in a video workshop from Adobe. How does this look. Maybe not enough red now for a newborn???? I see it did get the red out of the shadows. Looks a lot better to me but like I have previously said I am not good with colors.

Alvin Herron

Alvo

Added a little red back, which one is closest to how it should look?

Alvin Herron

Jo Ann Snover

I think you're heading away from a "nearly done" image with the two latest versions.

Different issues, but both versions have problems. The super-pale version looks unwell, the bib has a yellow cast and the shadows on the baby's arms are blue.

The one with a bit more red has too much saturation - in addition to the yellow bib and blue shadows.

It's great to try out methods in tutorials but the resulting image doesn't appear to have benefitted in this case.

If you have a version from before the tutorial edits, perhaps go back to that and try to follow Hannie's suggestion to desaturate the reds in the shadows. Above all, watch for any blue shadows on the skin (which shouldn't be happening).
Jo Ann

Alvo

OK, deleted the curves layer I used today. This is where we left off with Hannah's suggestion used Sponge tool set to desaturate at 20%

Alvin Herron

Alvo

Jo Ann, I have saved so many of these things they are running together. I started cleaning out my folder tonight. One of these two is where we left off, is the one with more color better or the lighter one. I believe I used Hannah's suggestion on both.

Alvin Herron

Alvo

OK, comparing the two to the photo above where you told me to lighten the hair it is the lighter one.
Alvin Herron