• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

PS Elements WIP

Started by G3User, October 04, 2018, 01:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Having not done any restorations for some time I cancelled my CC subscription and the family bought me Elements 2018 earlier this year.It has some quite good auto adjustments for normal photo tweaking including RAW and I prefer it to Lightroom so I have been using it on this restoration. Main thing I miss is curves, I still like using the zig zag curve I have mentioned.

I am in two minds about the line that follows the frame around the brides head. It looks like damage but could be the edge of part of her veil. Any ideas and general comments please.

PS Margie. You MIGHT like to remember that there MAYBE or MIGHT be other words appropriate to your Honory Title.

Athol
HHMBO

Jo Ann Snover

I've been working on other images from this family, and if I understand your question correctly about the line inside the frame, it's damage. Your distributor could give you one of the other images as reference which would help with cloning over the mess.

The blue-ish blotches on the brides eyelids aren't makeup - I assume you were going to match those to her skin?
Jo Ann

Kdcintx

Elements+ is a plug-in available for PS Elements which provides many of the functions available in the full version of PS.  Curves, Channels, and a slew of other functions are provided. The cost is $12. There are many video tutorials available on YouTube, and it is fairly user friendly.
The website is https://elementsplus.net/

G3User

Thanks Jo Ann, I will repair the line. Have you posted any of your repairs, would be handy to use to match final skin tones.

Appreciate the suggestion for elements+ Kdintx, I had just installed it and was working through the setup. Are you using it? If so what do you think.

Athol

Jo Ann Snover

Athol, I hadn't posted any of the images here, but here are the faces parts of the three I've done so far for reference. I'd offer you my Photoshop adjustment layers, but I don't know if you can use any of those in Elements

Jo Ann

Mhayes

Athol, (HHMBO)  :funny:

Your photo wasn't out of my gallery, so didn't post one for reference. I will look though.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Jo Ann, that will help. Having multiple people do restorations from an event like that must give QC an interesting task to equalize skin tone.

Margie, they come from Tess so no need for a reference. I have taken screen clips to get a couple of "before" references from her gallery. Glad you got the title right ::)

Athol

Mhayes

Athol,

Getting with a straight face and believing is a total different thing.  :cool:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Think I am there and a reasonable match to the restores Jo Ann has done. I am running Elements+, it is a little clumsy compared with CC but that should improve with use.

Constructive comments always appreciated Margie >:D

Athol

Shadow

G3User

Thanks Shadow, on its way