• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Compression artifacts

Started by G3User, September 28, 2018, 10:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Hi Tess, Hannie, Bambi and SWMBO.

It has been a while so I am not sure if I still have it, whatever that means.

Comments please

Athol

Hannie

Hi Athol,

Great to see you again!
Artifacts galore, must have been a photo of a photo of etc.
Great job getting rid of all that without losing too much detail.  Only of few wrinkles around the man's eyes were lost but I'm sure he won't mind that at all.  ;)
Perhaps there could be a little more dark/shading?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Finally we get to have the joy of Athol back and that was only after a warning letter was sent across the pond. I was worried and figured either imprisonment or his wife had him committed. It's great to have you back and nice job on your photo. Yes, you still have it, especially the humor part.

SWMBO   :wnw:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Thanks Hannie,
I wasn't real happy with his left eyelid so added some character (wrinkles) as well. Made the low lights a little darker as you suggested and reduced the saturation slightly to match.
I am now using Elements and DisplayCal with a  Spyder 5 so have to get used to what makes a sensible result.

Margie, Margie, Margie. Now my wife wants to know who is sending me these emails. Thanks a lot!
Athol

Shadow

Nice restore Athol  :up:  Had to look up SWMBO ...  :funny:

Lynnya

Ha ha.. I just looked it up too  :funny:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Mhayes

QuoteMargie, Margie, Margie. Now my wife wants to know who is sending me these emails. Thanks a lot!

Always glad to help, more emails coming with strange subject titles.  ;) Looking good, you're back in the saddle.

P.S. Lynn and Shadow, I had to look it up also, but knew it would be something respectful.  :funny:
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]