• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The Whole Gang

Started by Shadow, September 26, 2018, 08:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

We've been away for a few days and are back with this fun gang. First step ... Curves adjustment. On the right track color-wise?

Hannie

Welcome back Shadow!
Looking good, perhaps the Level sliders can come in a tiny bit more?
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Welcome home! :hug: 

Step 1 -  :up2: .... onto step 2, 3, 4....   :knuppel:
Candice

Shadow

Thanks Hannie and Candy. Back tomorrow with an update.

Shadow

Stumped ... this face has some of the most damage. In the blue channel you can see quite a bit. Tried painting with low opacity color mode on separate layer - looked awful. Must have left my mind in Louisiana because I can't for the life of me remember where to go from here. Any and all help greatly appreciated!  :P

Color Corrected

Blue channel

Lynnya

Hi Lyn.. I think you should stick with your plan.. this was a real rough down and dirty splash here.. new layer in color blend mode, sample good color on face.. paint at 100% opacity then reduce if needed.. I think you can do a much better job of course but it could work..used the blue channel..
course.. you don't want orange teeth like mine lol
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Jo Ann Snover

For the bits you need to patch, after following Lynn's advice above, remember that Clone and Heal allow you to change angle and flip horizontal or vertical. So you could clone parts of the guy's eye on the left side of the photograph where the earthquake fault of a purple line cuts up the other eye.

For the eye, about -40 degrees and flip horizontal let me clone over the damage pretty well. Try it on a new empty layer if you find it takes a bit of getting used to when you're painting is going the other way :)
Jo Ann

Candice

:funny:Lynna, you have orange teeth? 
Candice

Shadow

Candy .. you know Halloween will be here soon.  ;)  Many thanks for the tips Lynn and Jo Ann. Really appreciate the help. See how he looks ... believable?

Candice

Candice

Jo Ann Snover

Quote from: Shadow on September 30, 2018, 04:17:39 PM
See how he looks ... believable?

If the teeth were more orange he'd be perfect!

:)
Jo Ann

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Shadow, with Liquefy you can move the eye a bit so the pupils match up more?

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Lynnya

Lookin real good Lyn.. I did try something cos at first the lower group of folks looked a bit pale.. I tried adding a curves layer in "multiply" blend mode (thanks Jo Ann) and reducing the opacity.. made a huge difference.. try it and see what you think.. :up: :up:
p.s. meant to add, mask out the top layer as they get pretty dark..
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

Shadow

Love the pumpkins Candy ... are you the carver?! Thanks Hannie - Liquify!! That tool kept eluding me last night. Lynn, I'll try out the Curves tip ... how did you know I was going to ask how to tweak the lighting. Wonder if this was a professional image? Great place for a group shot but tough to light.  :cool:

Eye better?