• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Three Sisters

Started by Candice, September 24, 2018, 10:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Candice

Lynnya

Looks wonderful to me  :loveit:
never giving up......learning from others as I go...

philbach

phil

Candice

Did a few more tweaks.  If nothing else is needed I'll send the girls home.

Candice

Mhayes

Candy, I like your latest as you tweaked the skin color. This photo was hand painted later which adds some fun when color correcting. Send them home.  :up:

P.S. Had a chance to talk to the owner and these are all the photos she had left. She had a tub of photos in albums on top of the bed when they left. The water came up 3 ft and spilled the photos and most were lost. She wondered why they didn't take them with them. My reply was at the time probably getting to safety was the biggest concern.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie, the girls are on their way to you. 

I read what you posted out loud to David and he said that when the waters are rising the primary concern is getting to safety.  He was in Hurricane Betsy in 1965.  His mom had some of their pictures on the upper shelf in the closet and they survived for the most part.  Then there were a great deal more in a cedar chest.  They were all lost. The waters were rising, the rescue boats were coming.... no place for pictures. 

I started with OPR because I knew from David's experiences what it was like to lose those memories.  I've continued working on pictures all these years for the same reason.  Giving back is a way to say, "We care!"
Candice

Shadow

Beautiful Candy. The family will be so happy!

Hannie

Lovely photo, great restore Candy.
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]