• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Timeline counter

Started by Katreester, August 22, 2018, 09:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katreester

I was just thinking, wouldn't it be cool to have some type of counter or someway to know how we are doing as far as the number of photos left that need to be restored and what copy run we are working on?

When I get up in the morning I always check my email, the news, social media, etc., and usually OPR.  I'm always curious as to how many photos are left and after so many months I forget where they are from.
Something like this maybe:

Just a thought. ::)

Mhayes

Katreester,

What I need to do is get a newsletter out more often with the stats. Originally from Baton Rouge--the photos now in the galleries--we came back with a little over 2,000 photos. Right now we have roughly 630 left and that doesn't count the ones that are still being work on. In the hold we have about 500 from Houston. So all total a rough count of 1,130 not out yet.A counter might be nice but it's not something that would be that easy to maintain or to set up like an Excel spread sheet. You have 3 distributors and the count is changing constantly. The number of photos is important, but what also drives the galleries is the number of families. We can't add too many photos until each family gets done or it would delay their getting printed and going home. Until we get Baton Rouge's done Houston will be sitting there. I'm playing with the idea of maybe a 4th gallery and starting Houston.

If and when we have another copy run which can't happen until we get our photos out; we will set a limit of how many photos we take in. 2,000 photos was way too many for us to handle and now with hindsight I wish a limit of 10 per family would have been set. But in the past we stay anywhere from 300 to 700.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Katreester

Thanks Margie for the info.  It's nice to have an idea of where we are at.